Home | About | Donate

Perceived "Lack of Basic Decency" Dogging Biden's First 24 Hours on Campaign Trail

Perceived "Lack of Basic Decency" Dogging Biden's First 24 Hours on Campaign Trail

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

It's only been 24 hours, but Joe Biden's run for president is already in trouble.

The former vice president's long-expected bid for the 2020 Democratic nomination for president kicked off Thursday morning with a video announcement projecting a message of hope in troubled times.

Within hours, however, Biden's campaign was forced to answer difficult questions on his record involving Anita Hill and the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings.

2 Likes

The neo-lib playbook: wash, rinse, repeat 2016? But with creepy Uncle Joe? What could go wrong? It’s quite apparent that sinking Sanders is taking precedent over winning back the WH.

18 Likes

Basic decency and Joe Biden have never been seen in the same room.

8 Likes

Every time Status Quo Joe is displayed on your TV, turn it off.

6 Likes

It’s funny you say to ignore Joe. I just yesterday tried to start doing that with Trump. He has become a cartoon character to me now, in the evil guy sense.
As far as Joe goes I have chosen not to pillory him for what past I know of him. But as you say PB, I have already began to disregard his run and to concentrate on Bernie.

I guess that means watch how the media treats him.

3 Likes

Biden may be old like Bernie, however, with his total allegiance to the Military Industrial Complex, Biden will never “fight” for the masses like Bernie will, to get what the masses deserve.

"Equal Representation."

8 Likes

Like most other Washington politicians Biden is an opportunist who will put his own self interest and advancement before everything else - including the country. While Sanders and Warren come up with solid proposals for change - we get the same old mainstream center of the road bull from Biden. Yes, the treatment of Anita Hill at the Thomas hearings are a serious breach of trust on Biden’s part as well as his horrific behavior in the hearings over what happened at Waco.

9 Likes

He puts on a good act though.

Exactly! That is why Biden is in the race to eliminate Bernie and be a stooge for the 1%. I said a year ago that it was just a matter of time until Biden declared… and I predict now he will be given the Democratic, nomination, FOR POTUS IN 2020. But first, the dems. being the fake opposition party, will have their Con/vention to fool the masses that Bernie has a chance, lt’s all a dog and pony show!

9 Likes

And there was this:

Only a tyrant would prevent the delivery of food and medicine to people he claims to lead. The international community must support Juan Guaido and the National Assembly. It is time for Maduro to step aside and allow a democratic transition. The Venezuelan people deserve better.
-Joe Biden, https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1094345590069174273?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
February 9, 2019

8 Likes

Progressive need a strategy to deal with neoliberal Democrat obstruction as forceful as the one to deal with Trump and his fascist party

10 Likes

The deniers refuse to acknowledge that Mother Earth is changing because of us. Old school politicians such as Biden, Pelosi, Feinstein, refuse to acknowledge the political climate change. The progressives are coming, with concrete policies and ideas to help the “people.” The old school still tries to play power politics. Too bad they can’t sense the change in the political climate. They should be extremely vocal supporting the Green New Deal, in calling out old school Democratic and Republican attacks on progressive politicians (total silence from Pelosi and Feinstein regarding the attacks on Ilhan Omar). Sad.

6 Likes

Reminds me of the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearings:

3 Likes

News Flash: Anita Hill is still a distinguished thinker, and I gotta tell my sister, there are so many of us who have your back, again, when you show uncommon courage in our times by speaking the truth: the shopworn “I’m sorry if anyone was offended” bullshit just won’t cut it anymore. Just cut it out, Joe, don’t even try rephrasing it more ways.

Or else stick around and keep it up. I guess I can use some comic relief in these terrible times, so on the other hand it’s nice to have Stan Laurel in the race. (Eww! They gave Oliver Hardy an orange combover.)

2 Likes

…and, the Democrats will lose again for not representing the masses, and they will pretend to be sore losers while knowing they basically screwed Bernie and the rest of the progressives as their Corporate Masters demanded.

And, the country suffers so the wealthy can reign.

9 Likes

So True!  MSDNC is even using non-entities like Bait-Oh and Buddy-Chick in their desperate attempt to push Sanders into the background.

NO!  Don’t turn it off — Change the Channel!!  That’ll show the stats-keepers that you prefer some­thing else, ANYTHING else!!

7 Likes

Good reply, but just asking: when have the dems. represented the masses?

3 Likes

Democrat FDR did a fairly good job of representing the masses — but that was a few years ago.  LBJ’s good deeds in the Civil Rights arena were cancelled out by his complicity in the atrocities of Viet Nam, and PLEASE don’t even mention “Three Strikes” Bill Clinton or the Banksters’ buddy, that chicken-shit O’Bummer . . .

7 Likes

Dear Democrats/DNC/DCC: It probably wouldn’t be too wise to anoint dear old low-joe as the Democrat to run against the trumpadon.

3 Likes

Any solid proposals from biden will have to be cleared by his corporate sponsors first.

5 Likes