Home | About | Donate

Petition Demanding 2020 Democrats Hold Climate Debate Nears 30,000 Signatures in Just 48 Hours

Petition Demanding 2020 Democrats Hold Climate Debate Nears 30,000 Signatures in Just 48 Hours

Jake Johnson, staff writer

A petition calling on 2020 Democratic presidential candidates to hold a climate-specific debate has garnered nearly 30,000 signatures in just 48 hours, providing evidence of the widespread grassroots pressure on White House hopefuls to offer bold and detailed solutions to the ecological crisis.

3 Likes

I signed with the note…Greta sent me…
I also signed the Inslee petition…

Come on…ring the bell.

3 Likes

919 am today Happening Now from X R .live actions in NYC

0 Likes

Petition signed— The DNC and the 2020 candidates had better take a climate debate seriously!

0 Likes

Bernie is our only hope. The rest of the candidates love the money they get from the fossil fools or they say one thing and do another, much like Obama and Hillary.

0 Likes

Thank you youth climate leaders. One bright spot is Jay Inslee, the Governor of Washington, State is running on the platform of climate change.Please sign his petition.

0 Likes

Me too, I just rang the bell.

1 Like

Inslee has real upside as VP, possibly. We’ll need someone to break it to Bellevue & Bremerton that their " gravy boat " is going on a serious and restricted diet; a retrofitting of sorts, as it were. Who better than their former state governor?

0 Likes

I know we would like to break a glass ceiling by electing a woman vice president. Having said that, I believe Inslee would make a good VP with the task of addressing climate change. Putting together a task force etc.

1 Like

Jay Inslee has absolutely no chance, in my view, of becoming POTUS or VP but maybe he could get a cabinet position as Secretary of Energy.

0 Likes

This is a joke, right? There’s no way they’re going to set up a debate around the topic of climate change. After the introduction of the Green New Deal, any such debate would be a forum where each candidate would be expected to pledge their support for implementing all or part of the plan. Which would set off alarm bells in the American voting public with anyone to the right of AOC. Like it or not, Democrats have no chance of winning the White House (or perhaps even holding he House) if they alienate everyone in the middle of the country.

0 Likes

Ah, did you notice the vote totals in 2018 in the Midwest? Everyone got zero votes in the Midwest in 2018. They will not do any better in 2020, 2022 or 2024.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch … Dude McBoots wondered why everyone thought he was a running lackey dog and called him Rover all the time.

0 Likes

He does have a lot of " get ti up and go ", I’ll grant him that.
Bellevue is home to Microsoft and Bremerton is the head base for the North Pacific Fleet. They can see Russia from there with the aid of drones. Lots and lots of other expensive toys, too.
So many neat toys in fact, they practice killing entire pods of orcas ( killer whales ) with our tax dollars, as well.
Inslee- don’t count him out.

1 Like