Home | About | Donate

Philly Police At War With Black Lives Matter Activists

Be careful what you wish for. If you want to "ditch the police", then you should first come up with an answer of how to replace the many liberty and life protection services that they currently provide to society. It's easy to understand what you are against but what are you for? I suggest that the English father of modern policing, Sir Robert Peel was correct when in his timeless "Peelian Principles" he proclaimed that "The people are the police and the police are the people." So if you are looking for the culprit in this modern law enforcement dilemma, first try the mirror. Remember when you point the finger at someone, there are always three fingers pointing back at you. As a retired police officer and long time police cultural diversity trainer, I have observed and come to believe that today's police seem to have become a unique culture unto themselves. The current American police culture seems to be very Conservatively oriented, slow to adapt and resistant to change. Because in social dynamics,the only constant is change, you either adapt to change from the inside or you get changed from the outside So, like it or not, the American policing systems will eventually undergo the changes necessary to reestablish balanced police-community relationships. For all sides, there will be much discomfort and gnashing of the teeth along the way but the change will eventually happen. Black lives matter, police lives matter, all lives matter! If you are not a part of the solution, then you could well be a part of the problem. What now my friend, what now?