Home | About | Donate

Physicians, Sierra Club Take Gov. Hogan to Court for Unlawfully Blocking Clean Air Safeguards

Physicians, Sierra Club Take Gov. Hogan to Court for Unlawfully Blocking Clean Air Safeguards

BALTIMORE, MD - Chesapeake Physicians for Social Responsibility and Sierra Club, represented by Earthjustice, filed suit today asserting that Governor Larry Hogan and the Maryland Division of State Documents unlawfully blocked a new clean air safeguard that would protect Marylanders suffering from asthma and other harmful effects of ozone pollution, commonly known as “smog.”

###

I was floored when this guy won Md.'s election. He has overstepped his authority repeatedly and seems to think the election was to install an emperor. If our legislature doesn't restrain him, Md. will become basically a dictatorship run by one man. I see this happening in Republican-run states around the country and cannot even imagine what compels voters to vote this way. We can see how it turns out - the evidence is in. Yet even in states already in serious decline from the cronyism, corruption, and austerity measures utilized by the Republicans and Tea-baggers, the same people who are causing the problems were re-elected. My fellow Americans must be ignorant as hell.