Home | About | Donate

Poland's Right-Wing Leaders Listen to Women, Back Off Abortion Ban

Poland's Right-Wing Leaders Listen to Women, Back Off Abortion Ban

Nika Knight, staff writer

Poland's ruling far-right Law and Justice party has reversed its support for a draconian abortion ban after women across the country went on strike to protest the proposed legislation.

Jarosław Gowin, the minister of science and higher education, "said on Wednesday that [Monday's] protests had 'caused us to think and taught us humility,'" the Guardian reported.

There are couple of important lessons here.
One is that the Roman Catholic Church is a right wing, fascist institution.
But more importantly is the fact that if you piss off women as a collective, it takes them about 3 days to tear your world apart.
Something that stupid Polish men had to learn the hard way.
And something that Hillary had better keep in mind.

Warning to those who would be offended by a religious point of view. You may wish to skip the following post.

"Despite wretched weather, approximately 30,000 people, many dressed in black, had gathered in Warsaw's Castle Square, chanting "We want
doctors, not missionaries" and carrying placards bearing messages like "My Uterus, My Opinion," and "Women Just Want to Have FUN-damental Rights."

Ps 82:3-5 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

Who is more defenseless than an unborn child? Who has no voice to speak up, who has no power to change anything, who is more dependent on its mother for nourishment, sustenance, and life itself?
Hey, but not to worry, in the land of Auschwitz, a new holocaust has been facilitated. Bet your bottom dollar that this will not be limited to tubal pregnancies, genetic deformities, or rape and incest.
The protesters as quoted above have made it clear, they want abortion on demand as de facto birth control. Forget about having kids, we just want to have FUN! The protesting women of Poland in the land of Auschwitz have shown themselves to be good Nazis--only instead of Jews, Gypsies, Communists, and trade unionists, it is extermination of their own potential offspring they want the state to bless with acceptance.

You are not a poet, my friend, your are a narrow-minded chauvinist.

" ...who is more dependent on its mother for nourishment, sustenance, and life itself?'

And who has more right to decide whether she is required to supply that than the mother herself ...

Women have the power to change the world in so many ways - it's in their hands ... time to use it ...

Evangelicals are no different in their reasoning then the members of ISIS are in theirs.

Now to handle that other facist institution, the US supported NATO that is ginning up excuses for a winnable nuclear war and taking billions in arms trades. Should be rebuilding a countty that came out of the double wammy of psuedo economic capitalism by Proletariat communists and prior to that work till you die capitalist corporatiat facists.

It is a pity that the women of Poland and the European countries don't get out en mass to protest nuclear weapons and the growth of NATO. By the looks of things, the right to abortion could become the least of their worries in a couple of years.

Some Polish women did protest against NATO troops - go to youtube and find a video on Poland: "Stop American occupation". As a new commentator I cannot yet post links.

Unfortunately, these kind of people as in the above article are in every nation.

@ Poet, Why don't you check out the abortion statistics in your own country?

Quoting your derogatory line referring to Poland: "in the land of Auschwitz, a new holocaust has been facilitated'.

Don't forget that "in the land of Auschwitz" the holocaust was caused by the German Nazis in the occupied territories of Poland during WW2, that was partitioned by Germany and Soviet Union !

You go girls.

We could use some of that serious push back here in the states when it comes to non-stop intervention in female human body functions.

Here are the real problems.

1. I get disgusted with white men in suits and wearing clerical robes telling me what to do.
  2. You only care about the "baby" in the womb. When it is born, 60% of children live in poverty with little to no government support.
  3. If you get raped by a stranger or your father, or a priest, tough shit, you slut. You should have not dressed that way. But you're only 6 years old? Should have kept your legs together, you little whore!
  4. Why am I still protesting this shit 40 years later?

Your justifiable rage should be taken out against those you "hate" not an unborn, innocent, and defenseless life.

Your non sequitur ire has nothing whatsoever to do with my post to which you are responding. Poland, by the way, is overwhelmingly Roman Catholic and not "Evangelical".

"And who has more right to decide whether she is required to supply that than the mother herself ..."

Aquifer I agree with your premise 100%--but the time of decision is before anyone engages in the sort of behavior that leads to "unwanted pregnancies".
I am not talking about rape, incest, or the kind of profound complications that could lead to the death of the mother. And neither are those protesting Polish women. Go and read the article again--

"Despite wretched weather, approximately 30,000 people, many dressed in black, had gathered in Warsaw's Castle Square, chanting "We want doctors, not missionaries" and carrying placards bearing messages like "My Uterus, My Opinion," and "Women Just Want to Have FUN-damental Rights."

So for women who just want to have fun there are plenty of ways to insure that "unwanted pregnancies" don't happen: pills, condoms, getting your tubes tied, having him get a vasectomy.
For those of hyperactive libido there are catalogs with literally hundreds of "sex-aids" to facilitate masturbation and wider spread use any of the above would allow the woman to have her "FUNdamerntal rights" and not require the murder of an innocent and defenseless life.