Home | About | Donate

Police March In Force Against G7 Protests in Germany

Police March In Force Against G7 Protests in Germany

Jon Queally, staff writer

Though outnumbered by police by approximately two-to-one, thousands of people took to the streets of the Alpine resort town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Germany on Saturday to express their opposition to the hegemonic and neoliberal policies of the G7 nations as they gathered in a nearby luxury hotel ahead their annual summit which begins Sunday.

Wow, how did the judicious court come up with the number 50 protestors to graciously allow within the "security zone"? What a farce. They are their own best jokes, and i'm tired of us being the punch lines.

From The Guardian:
One of the most striking groups was six clowns who blocked a main road in the town and forced a police van to seek an alternative route.

A protester talks to a police officer in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, ahead of the G7 summit. Photograph: Boris Roessler/dpa/Corbis

Clowns are scarrrryy!!!! stuck_out_tongue

That cop presence is more than a little terrifying, given that when I worked in W.-Berlin during VN (and frequently got my car leafleted, but fortunately never vandalised) the cops who monitored the MANY, LARGE protest gatherings and marches were few and laconic. They didn't wear armor or carry major hardware, just ambled along chatting to the protestors, even providing water to those who looked parched. And these were members of the only city police force in the world (as far as we knew) that had their own tanks, anti-aircraft artillery, and missile batteries, basically Wehrmacht in cop suits.

In pertinence to the demonstration, that some people find clowns "scary" - there is irony in the photo. (I was also adding on to webwalks "farce", "best jokes", and "punch lines", in a sneakily cheeky way.)
Many people find cops scarier. However, in reference to the one in the photo, if one were to take "officer friendly" out of his battle gear, and lock up his weapons, I could picture this guy coming home to mom and dad at the end of the day, calling "Mom, can we have Spaghetti-O's for dinner?"
Irony, indeed.
Kind of makes one wonder what the other cops were up to while this one was having his photo snapped?

If 85 people have as much wealth as half the world’s population, and they are bringing misery to half the worlds population,it is only a matter of time before half the worlds population over throw those 85 people. You say they control the governments, police and the military. Not so. Ordinary people make up 100% of the police and military. Rich people don't fight for their country or do police work. Government leaders and politicians are of no importance at all. They are only figureheads, who always adapt to changes and do what is best for themselves. They will kiss their old campaign contributors goodby in a blink, and latch onto the coat tales of the new winners without hesitation.

In this demonstration the police outnumbered the demonstrators approximately two-to-one. I was wondering how the individual cop must feel about being required to stand up against their neighbors, friends and children, to protect the rich capitalists who are causing so many problems for ordinary people like them self. If the 99% ever starts to move they will never be stopped. JFK: "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." I think it may be coming.

Right! I have been writing the same thing for years, hoping for an awakening amongst We the People of the World.
* There are things which might work non-violently. Israel is currently writhing under the growing BDS movement. They are even trying to get laws passed in the US legislature criminalizing any support of BDS or making anything but, I guess, friendly or respectful comments about Bibi and Friends.
* But, suppose a few billion people BDSed Israel, the US, Britain, etc. until they woke up and started listening to their own people instead of to the filthy rich. And, doing what their People tell them to do!
;-})

Nice photo of two clowns!

When the cops will no longer follow the orders of the psychopaths in charge, the revolution will be swift and peaceful. We need the cops to know they are part of the 99%. Try and be patient with them. Getting angry will get a result we don't want.

It is hard to see that they are people like us when they are all duded up in body armor and those black face shields. I think how they are dressed effects how they behave. We must attempt to see them as people, not monsters---and maybe they will fall back and let the people march where they want. Whose streets are these anyway?

Getting 20 000 police onto the streets for a demonstration is a pretty impressive feat.That, alone, surely is sending a message that a few citizens are angry.

"neoliberal policies of the G7 nations" = international usury

Our masters take good care of themselves. I wonder how long it will take the police to realize that in the absence of democracy it is THEY who are the state.

If it was just 85 individuals with names and locations and all that had to be done was to grab them up and shake them until the 3/4 of the world's wealth came loose from their pockets and could be divvied up equally, that would have already been done.

But these Emperors of the Modern West are 1) protected by a Pretorian Guard that outnumbers the good guys' motivated activists by about ten to one augmented by electronic assistance that goes far beyond anything that George Orwell could have imagined;

2) the 85 are as replaceable and disposable as bureaucratic clerks and would be thrown to the wolf mobs by the few best connected to the System that has sustained them, and

3) The entire industrial/economic system has to be redesigned and reengineered from the bottom up in ways that sustain the populace during the process, and no one that I know of has even the rough draft of an outline for ways to do that.

I don't disagree with your post but I think you have overlooked one fairly important fact. A significant percentage of cops are themselves psychopaths and sadists who couldn't care less about politics but thrive on any opportunity to beat, torture and murder. For example, I estimated that about 10% of the guys I "served" with in Vietnam were in fact psychopaths.

And look at the horrible crimes against civilians that our present day military is perpetrating against various civilian populations in the Middle East. Also, don't overlook the fact that people who serve in the military and police forces aren't always the brightest bulb in the box and have been heavily conditioned to respond without thinking to the orders of the authorities who control and deploy them.

It has to!

The "G" this and the "G" that is nothing more than an open conspiracy against rank and file citizens around the globe. It's nothing more than a secretive cabal arrogantly using the authoritarian powers of government to disenfranchise all but the ruling elite. Germany, England, Oakland, New York City, et al are closing the doors to democracy for a plantation style society.

People are going to have to grow up and quit asking mommy and daddy for jobs. Governments don't like people, they spy on people, they war on people ... Why do people keep asking their worst enemies for jobs?

Police departments have hiring preferences for veterans. I've said before in another post, these guys are back from the war but retired as soldiers, and they are looking for some action. Many of the cops in a small town I know of act like they are above the law. I have seen them littering out of their patrol vehicles! They are hyper-vigilant and they're jumping out of their pants wanting to arrest someone. The town is so small that the cop-beating incidents have stayed out of national press.

What's happening at the G7 summit?
G7 leaders urge tough line on Russia at Alpine summit

Gang of Seven gets together at their "clubhouse" to dish up the latest "dirt" on Russia and hatch up their latest nefarious schemes, since they kicked Russia out of the clubhouse and they won't let them play.
From Reuters:

Group of Seven (G7) leaders vowed at a summit in the Bavarian Alps on Sunday to keep sanctions against Russia in place until President Vladimir Putin and Moscow-backed separatists fully implement the terms of a peace deal for Ukraine.

The US has been sending arms and trainers to the Ukraine since April. If this is in violation of February's Minsk II agreement, somebody should be squawking about it.

US Supplying Lethal Arms to Ukraine Would Breach Minsk Agreements

The supply of lethal aid run counter to the Minsk agreements on Ukrainian reconciliation, signed in Minsk, the capital of Belarus, on February 12.

Is doubtful that those 6 patsies of the US are going to do anything different than what they usually do. Send in the clowns. - Don't bother, they're here.

Government is not the problem. Our corporate usurped and corrupted government is the problem.