1. The lone nut(s) responsible for this attack will be killed of kill themselves. Nobody will be able to figure out why they did what they did so a story will be concocted by the MSM to explain it.
2. Politicians like Clinton and Trump will (eventually) use the situation as a talking point for their election spiel but for now they will express solidarity with the country's police departments and offer condolences to grieving families.
3. African Americans will say,"this is what we face daily". So will the LGBTQ, Latino, and Muslim communities.
4. President Obama 's legacy for 2016 will be to visit a new site of the latest atrocity to "console, comfort, and show he cares".
5. Legislation to ban assault weapon sales will never survive attempts by Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell to block same.
This country has been at pointless and unending war for 15 years now and many of the youth of the country have been taught to be lean, mean killing machines.
Then, when they ae discharged from the military, they are told to go back to being "normal".
They join many other of the forgotten and discarded of our society with the exception that they have both familiarity with and knowledge of how to kill with greater efficiency than the average person.
Some become self-medicating drug addicts, others end up homeless, others commit suicide, and others join our newly militarized police forces.
Until we do something about the culture of death that has ruled and continues to rule this country for the past 15 years, cops and selected minorities will continue to be shot.