Home | About | Donate

Police, Prisons, and the Pentagon

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/07/police-prisons-and-pentagon

2 Likes

I watched a documentary on Buffey Ste Marie. During the 60’s and 70s the Government and media in the USA actively censored her due to her political leanings and how effectively she could get her point across in song. She mentioned that the Government was in fact afraid of the Youth in the 60s because they started to think for themselves and used music as a platform to exercise their “free speech”. She suggested it was one of the greatest times for free speech in the USA which the Government would never forgive the “hippies” for.

(She was invited a few times to appear on “The Tonight Show” but only if she would agree not to mention First nations and social justice issues. She declined those invites)

They needed their war, they needed their police and they used prisons and a new “war on drugs” to ensure that movement crushed. Police, Prisons and the Pentagon are all there to serve the Fascists.

The media is their propaganda arm.

4 Likes

We have high tech. robots, self driving cars, and assorted weaponry.
These cops could be programed for responses, instead of head strong rookie type humans.
G.O.R.T would be the ultimate law enforcement tool in the future.

1 Like

While you and Davies and Medea are of the best anti-war
writers, the author of Prophets of War has neglected to mention
the Israeli military’s training of America’s local police, the choke
hold being one tactic Israeli troops use against Palestinians.
What a shame the Israeli nation-state has drifted so far from its
prophetic religious tradition, like: “Now the end is upon you, and I
will let loose my anger upon you, and will judge you according to
your ways; and I will punish you for all your abominations” (Ezekiel 7.3).

3 Likes

The complicit and enabling media is where their fantasies are created and live. Whether the “drug crisis” or the “Vietnam crisis” or the WMD Crisis or the Covid Crisis, they are all created and sustained in the media.

2 Likes

The key question, who owns the media. The NYT and Wash Post, the papers of record, have an agenda. Same ones who direct Middle East policy. Brute force . Peace does not yield the profits for these people. War is a very well paid racket.

1 Like

Nice Lawlo. Smedley Butler, 1930’s Marine said “war is a racket”
we need to remember this.