Home | About | Donate

'Politics of Demonization': Mainstreamed Islamophobia Decried in Wake of Christchurch Terror Attack

'Politics of Demonization': Mainstreamed Islamophobia Decried in Wake of Christchurch Terror Attack

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

Progressives, many of them Muslim, decried the mainstreaming of Islamophobia as providing fuel for the hatred and violence which led to Friday's attack on two mosques in New Zealand that killed at least 49 people.

As our illustrious Leaders are on a rampage to continually make things worse for all of us. Terrorism will continue to increase as the result and there is not a damned thing we can do about it, unless we get to the root of the problem: the people in power who are causing it! It amazes me how the masses don’t understand this simple equation: Slavery = Civil Unrest = Mass Migrations = Violence + Shootings. The quandary here is why do we keep shooting the wrong people???

7 Likes

I don’t hold the leaders at all responsible, its the idiotic national populations who are responsible - they after all elect those leaders,. Their lack of involvement and unforgivable apathy make such leaders inevitable. Its very very convenient in such circumstances that hundreds of millions can just blame a person or two, then turn to their cell phone and check the statistics on the football game, or send texts to their mistresses, or whatever it is they do instead of informing themselves, and getting involved, and then pretend they had no role to play.

2 Likes

Leaders do have influence on the populace.

2 Likes

The Entire planet should be singing this song today.

1 Like

Yes, the smiling, erudite racists work hand-in-hand with the sneering, raving racists. Not necessarily in cooperation with each other–often competing for the same public office–but as two currents composing a climate of hatred and destruction.

1 Like

I had to look up the lyrics. Fantastic song. (Even before i looked up the lyrics). Thankyou.

2 Likes

Yes. But i’m confused. When did the whites (as opposed to the blacks or any other colour) lose their identity?

2 Likes

No matter on how far back on the evolutionary scale we go, There is no evidence that early man automatically inherited a cult gene of hate. This apparently is a family problem. Study the family, the peers, the religion. Look at what Israelis are doing to the Palestinians for example. There seems to be a strong link between religion tribalism and mindless cult behavior, with a tacit agreement fueled by race. At the moment the white race seems to be most easily brainwashed into human group insanity and violence. “They go low we go high” doesn’t seem to be having much of an impact. Hitler proved that flaw and took advantage of it…

2 Likes

Never. But they do see the demographics of the world are against them. Plus they have always hated giving up any power to another group. They have demonized every immigration wave before this.
I was reading an article about how in a state election (PA), this republican had lost by a 2 to 1 margin to a 1st time democratic woman. His followers were full of complaints about how the others were taking over. How those brown people were coming.
What really struck me was their names. They were italian, polish, irish, etc. All people who had been seen as sub-human when they immigrated into the US, none of them were welcomed into the country.
When I was young we had names for these people, none of them complimentary. I grew up in a german part of town. We were proud english-germans, the right sort of people. They were the invaders no one wanted. And now they are established and are scared of the ‘invaders’. Strange how things work out, they became part of us and now it is the new wave’s turn to be the people we don’t desire. And the same worn out excuses are being used again. Just like they always have been.
New people mean change and change scares a good portion of the country. They long for the good old days, except that they forget that in the good old days, some of them were hated and discriminated against because they didn’t come from the right place, didn’t speak the same language, had different cultures.
So no, they didn’t lose their identity, they just don’t want anyone else’s identity to compete with them. As trump put it, why can’t we have good people from europe coming here? He comes from a family that had to change their name to fit in. To be americans. Strange how that works out.

2 Likes

Turns out, this is a real “thing”; the feeling among some white Christians that they are being replaced by invading hordes of “other” peoples, particularly Muslims, and that this is leading to a collapse of their civilizations. It’s a basic belief for quite a number of far right-wing groups in Europe and the US. The New Zealand terrorist titled his manifesto, “The Great Replacement”, and in it he condemns the invasion of brown and Muslim invaders (he’s talking about immigrants) who outbreed white Christians and take over the various countries in the west. He thought he would save the white race and spark a rash of anti-Muslim actions across the western world.

This is called The Great Replacement Theory and these far right groups believe their own governments are deliberately allowing immigrants in to replace the whites - I gather they think the governments are doing this because the immigrants will work cheaper or something. It never occurs to the proponents of this theory that if the EU nations and the US would quit messing with the Middle East and Central American nations, there wouldn’t be so many immigrants fleeing their home countries in the first place.

This relatively short wikipedia entry explains this conspiracy theory:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for posting this song which I will share widely, yes, on Facebook.

1 Like

Because the perpetrators of hate politics and income inequality never travel in the circles that their victims inhabit. We are left frustrated and all that is left is to hate the stranger.
It is often said that names can never hurt but combined with bigotry and a supportive party the names create false enemies and the innocent are attacked. It is one hell of a lot easier to find a mosque or a church or temple than it is to find a real terrorist cell and a hell of a lot safer to attack. These wackos are basically hyped up cowards.

1 Like

This is all well trodden human nature and is normal. What has been not normal for most of the last century is the sequestering of wealth by the few. In America the minimum wage of today has 2/3 of the buying power of the minimum wage of the mid sixties. When people are stressed then their better natures are repressed to the point of the barbarism of riots and worse. A family of four needs to earn 22$+ to afford a comfortable home. That is well above the poverty level and the recently called for 15 $/hr. That figure is less than two thirds the needed rate and still the Rs and Neolibs refuse to consider even this. That hand-basket to Hell is growing bigger every day.

1 Like

Nice drumming song. played lead actually.

1 Like

The progression and the hook always hits me first and strikes me as the most important. Good songs usually have superiority in every instrument.

1 Like

Like The Rolling Stones’.

Nancy Pelosi, “Ilhan, how do you like living in Minnesota?”
Ilhan Omar, “I love it. I went into the woods yesterday and bundled a faggot of sticks for the fireplace.”
Nancy Pelosi, “You bigot!”

The time after WWII was rally an anomaly with a strong middle class. The wealthy have always garnered the wealth and power during history and most of the people have always been poor. The majority of people in most cultures that claimed to be civilized were serfs with a small middle class with a few rich people on top.
The rich have always made sure they get most of the wealth. The US had one advantage most of the rest of the world didn’t have when the europeans came here, lots of land to settle. And could move farther west as civilization overtook them. And all you had to do was kill the people who were living there already. But once they couldn’t go farther west, they soon came under the control of the rich again.
So of course they won’t consider it, they have spent over two hundred years making the laws and system work for the wealthy. One problem with the 60s’ was that people forgot the blood, the fight, the loss of hundreds of lives to have laws that protected them, unions to fight for them, the wealthy’s greed somewhat tamed. And once forgotten, they relaxed and didn’t fight for all the things they had because of the fight before.
They have been told they could blame others who were different for why they lost all the gains. Instead of the reality they were culpable by not fighting for what the people before them had gained. It’s far easier to blame others.
They elected these people who don’t care about them, years of identity politics have divided them to be scared. All so the wealthy could put their people into power. So they got the government they deserved.
It will probably have to get as bad as it was in the age of the robber barons, the so call gilded age by the rich. Maybe they will fight back then. Or maybe the country will explode in civil war.

1 Like

Anyhow, this should help get the Islamist to attack “the American people” and finally get this war with Iran going. It’s already way behind schedule. Heh?