Home | About | Donate

Poll Shows Clinton, Sanders in Virtual Ties as 'Dems Nationwide Feel the Bern'

Poll Shows Clinton, Sanders in Virtual Ties as 'Dems Nationwide Feel the Bern'

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

A poll released Friday shows Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders in a virtual tie nationwide in the Democratic race, representing a major slide down in support for the former secretary of state from a poll less than seven weeks ago.

The new Quinnipiac University National poll (pdf) shows Clinton at 44 percent while Sanders is at 42 percent. The survey of over 480 Democrats has a margin of error of +/- 4.5 percentage points, making it a neck-and-neck race.

It's as much feeling the Bern as it is hearing the truth about our rotten status quo pretending to be "normal". It's anything but normal.

I hope that's the case, and I hope voters DO something this time.

These poll numbers again demonstrate the false narrative that Sanders is "unelectable." What does his lead against Trump and Cruz mean except that he's the preferred choice among likely voters? What the MSM means by "unelectable" is that, unlike Clinton, he's not a servant of the US ruling class.

Big Propaganda takes one in the grapes...

The false narrative of Bernie being " unelectable" was a total lie and I predict if Bernie gets the Democratic nomination for POTUS Bernie will bury any Republican competition, while HRC could lose.

And watch for it! The next false narrative that will try to demonize Bernie is that Bernie is too old and would be close to 80 once he leaves office. The inference being that like Reagan, Bernie could become senile while President.

The truth shall set you free, the Bern is the truth that's why HRC is scared, and the establishment is also GO BERNIE!!! GO

I've had a few reservations about Sanders, and have stated them at various times on this forum, including concerns whether he was actually committed to challenging the current power center of the Democratic Party.

On the latter point I have no longer any such concerns, as I believe he absolutely is in this to win and is being consistently direct in his attack on what has become a corporate dominant establishment running both political parties.

I plan on contacting my local Sanders campaign to see what I might do to help out.

I ran across this graphic worth posting here that is a powerful representation of what a unique opportunity we have to support his candidacy. It is not likely to be repeated as an opportunity, so I'm not going to sit on the sidelines any longer.

Edit.....Lrx indeed points out an error in the graphic. Point taken. But I'm still on board thanks very much.

Do these polls mean anything? A national PPP poll released yesterday had Clinton up by 21 points. The RealClearPolitics spread is Clinton up by 13.3 points. I guess that I will go with that. We should know in a few days if the forum and the debate has any effect on the national polls. Clinton definitely has a problem with Wall Street. Sanders seems unsure on foreign policy.

Can you imagine how much they'll wine?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I never heard that formulation before - can't stop laughing...

Powerful graphic. Thanks for posting it.

Why the hell does Rubio do so well?

Bernie voted for the war in Afghanistan. You should check out the rest of the graphic because there may be other errors. Also, I don't believe there were votes on wars in Libya and Syria.

And the hits keep comin.......so wake-up America - and take a look at your only logical choice, Bernie Sanders! And you can believe me, because I'm always right, and I never lie.......

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2015/sep/02/11-examples-hillary-clinton-and-bernie-sanders-hol/

Thanks for the correction. My reservations on certain issues stand, relative to Sanders. That said a major political movement against corporate dominance is the only chance US citizens have in making any headway whatsoever against the wars born of such corporate dominance.

Great links, especially the one from Counterpunch!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Has Hillary "looked into" releasing her speeches to Goldman Sachs yet?