Home | About | Donate

Poll Shows Facebook Popularity Tanking. And People Don't Like Zuckerberg Much Either

Poll Shows Facebook Popularity Tanking. And People Don't Like Zuckerberg Much Either

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

The Cambridge Analytica scandal appears to have taken a toll on public opinion of Facebook, as a new poll shows that love for the social media site has tanked in recent weeks.

The new survey (pdf) of 577 registered voters conducted by Public Policy Polling for the Factual Democracy Project (FDP) took place March 23-25—right after the public learned of the massive data breach.

From the article:

“Based on what they now know, just 12 percent say they’re going to delete their account…”

Now THAT’S depressing.

It’s difficult to imagine anyone being unsure or favorable about computer execs who have contracts with the CIA and support tar sand pipelines.

One of the best things I ever did was opting out of FB and so many called me paranoid!

Agree. Says a lot about our education system, and the lack of critical thinking skills.

I was briefly (aprox.60-70 days) with face book about 7 years ago to participate in what was supposed to be a “closed group”. The blizzard of spam totally unrelated to the group’s stated interests was disgusting and a giant time waster to eliminate from my inbox. Good riddance to a worthless “service” (except to those dumb enough to subscribe and/or buy sponsorship on this time-waster.

When the business doesn’t tell you you’re the product, and your circle of family and friends are as well, instead of the customer; well, that’s just weird. Talk about inverted business models. And, that those same people still support Facebook after this revelation, proves the truth is stranger than fiction.
Most Americans are about as useful to their fellow travelers as rubber crutches are to someone with a broken ankle.

If our education system began to teach critical thinking skills, we’d soon see advertising executives lining up to leap out of their Madison Av. office windows—and people deserting both allowed political parties in droves.

If that clown zuckerberg knows I am not using my real name on Facefook.
How am I supposed to believe he did not know who paid him $200 million for fake ad’s??

If we turned our critical thinking skills into action, we would push those advertising executives out of their office windows.

Looks like people are finally catching on, however, they are still staying connected through Facebook. Staying connected seems to win out over common sense.

Sitting here trying to figure out why I should be encouraged that Suckerborg might be the honoree of another celebrity roast on capitol hill. You mean the same bunch that has directly benefited from the harvesting of personal data to maintain their “representative” role in our faux government?

Look, I know I’ve used this word here much too often of late to be considered polite, but I just have to say it:

What a fucking farce.

Interesting question. I guess because it is a public attempt to get at the truth, sort of a legal middleman of sorts. It is saying this might be a technical problem not a legal one because it is never the sanction is my guess.

mis·no·mer

noun
noun: misnomer; plural noun: misnomers

a wrong or inaccurate name or designation.
““king crab” is a misnomer—these creatures are not crustaceans at all”
synonyms: inaccurate name/label/designation, wrong name/label/designation, inappropriate name/label/designation
“scientists say “killer whale” is a misnomer for what is one of the gentlest marine creatures known to man”

The whole sordid story is here: The Social Network is a 2010 American biographical drama film directed by David Fincher and written by Aaron Sorkin. Adapted from Ben Mezrich’s 2009 book The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook, a Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal, the film portrays the founding of social networking website Facebook and the resulting lawsuits. … The Social Network received widespread acclaim, with critics praising its direction, screenplay, acting, editing and score…
I watched it after I saw it mentioned in comments to another piece here. Worth the time.

Oh thanks very much. I had a feeling it was all going to turn out this way but I like to get the details too. I will have to check it out. Thanks.

Clowns are scary.

Fuckin’ A !!

Opinion polls are weird because there is no benchmark. Like what are any of those people comparing him too?

There should be something nearly impossible to like, and something nearly impossible to not like.

Now, if those same people said ice cream only had an approval rating of 40% and gonorrhea only had a unfavorable opinion of 51%, those other numbers would take on an entirely different meaning. Because you would expect over 90% to not like gonorrhea and only like 10-20 to not like ice cream.

I’m just really curious to know how many times would you get abnormal readings on the ice cream/std factor.

Otherwise not trying to discredit the contents of this article in any way, I just find it interesting is all.

If you have a personal business facebook still has some advantages but if all the other users leave…

IMO, Clinton did devastating damage to the democratic party disseminating this anti russian narrative and that was largely carried out through social media. (and lets face it, an anti-progressive narrative as well) My wife and I agreed on most things before the election, since then I cannot get her to depart from her thinking on how super evil Russia is under any circumstances whatsoever, and I have zero doubts, at all, that it was caused by facebook.

I try to show her articles written by people like Robert Parry, I show her clips of Noam Chomsky commenting on situations, and she brushes it aside like I don’t know what I’m talking about it when she watched me comb through articles for hours and hours a night for years and years. She hates Trump so bad that she cannot see Clinton’s lies. She doesn’t even care to look. She’ll openly admit that she knows absolutely nothing on Ukraine but then refuse to believe me or look at the links when I tell her Nazi’s overthrew a democratically elected leader and interfered in an election.

She got that way from facebook. It’s like how fox is for old people. But on the left. And Clinton just hammered the f out of it.

For example you Try to explain that a large part of Russians actually do like Putin precisely because he is not Boris Yeltsin who capitulated to wall street. But they only believe one thing. People only like Putin because he will kill them if they say otherwise - there simply can be no other explanation.