Home | About | Donate

Pope Francis Appeals for Peace Amid Conflicts Supported and Inflamed by Trump

Pope Francis Appeals for Peace Amid Conflicts Supported and Inflamed by Trump

Julia Conley, staff writer

"As the winds of war are blowing in our world," Pope makes appeal for an end to conflicts that impact the world's children

That’s rich coming from an organization that has fomented countless wars throughout history.

Grinches, blaggers, and snarks, oh my! No rest for the wicked!

“catalogued a multitude of concerns with policies pushed by President Donald Trump”
“was inflamed earlier this month by Trump’s decision to move the U.S. embassy”
“Civilian deaths have surged under Trump in the U.S. fight against ISIS in Iraq and Syria”
“Trump’s ban on travelers from several countries and his pledge to build a wall at the U.S”

Jeez Julia, i bet the only thing on His Holiness’ mind was President Trump when he delivered the speech. That’s so “America First” of you. Not everybody is as obsessed with him as some people around here.

BTW, Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it.

Why does my tax dollar have to be used to murder people around the world???
Oh, by the way, Merry CHRISTmas America!

There are very strong correlations between war and how countries become 99% Catholic. Poland is one such example. As a religious leader the Pope needs to take a closer look at his own backyard.

Good point. Poland lost more lives par capita than any other country in WWII.Both Germany and Russia attacked them.

The current pope is from Argentina, not sure that’s what you meant.

Good point. The US seems to get itself in there totally non profitable wars. I agree, everyone should defend their own back yard.

Protestant too. Are you forgetting the British genocide of Catholics in Ireland - and the considerable oppression of Catholics in the USA until 55 years ago?

My mind operates on reason and facts not on believe systems. I don’t give a flying rat what the pope says…

Well not exactly. I just can’t see him as a moral authority.

I don’t think you can compare religions by who created the worst genocide or willingly participated.

War, America’s job program and wealth generator.

Look, you are speaking to a person of Catholic heritage - don’t talk to me about my own people’s oppression.

I know who I am speaking with but thanks. And fine lets not talk.

Merry Christmas

I thought progressives love the guy, what with his global warming Laudato Si and all the anticapitalist rethoric. A lot of progressives fell for that.

We see just how much influence the Pope has in reducing gratuitous sadism, violence and mayhem.

Wise words that speak to me…

Curious, what “communist” country were you from?

Pope Francis is a big improvement over his predecessors in the office. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that and being thankful for it, even though he’s not perfect.

Similarly the emergence of Bernie Sanders as a plausible contender, even though he’s not perfect either, is something to be thankful for.