Home | About | Donate

Pope Francis Keeps Recognizing the Palestinians As Fully Human, Like Jesus Maybe Would Have

Pope Francis Keeps Recognizing the Palestinians As Fully Human, Like Jesus Maybe Would Have

In two unprecedented moves last week, Pope Francis for the first time legally recognized "the state of Palestine" and bestowed sainthood on two 19th-century Palestinian nuns, thus symbolically but convincingly declaring the Holy Land "a land of peace, not a land of war...where people (should) build bridges, not walls." Canonizing the two women, Francis cited "their luminous example" and called Palestinian President Abbas "an angel of peace," which made Israeli heads explode even as it helped Palestinians "keep hope in (our) hearts and minds."

Excellent. We visited the Pope along with thousands of others. He is incredible in person, shaking hands, kissing babies,
welcoming people. What a beacon of Good for the world!

This is how Compassion feels in Practice.
We must start with Caring.

And all that our evangelical right can see is a loose canon.

I wonder when he will do the same for gay people and women?

Oh and Jesus is a mythical character. No, a sky deity did not have sex with his mother and give birth to himself, then come to Earth to die for the sins of creatures he created.

Sorry. And there is no Santa Claus.

Just because I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was seven, doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

I think Jesus would have harsh words for all whose raison d'etre is hatred of others. Meaning, he'd be a LOT harder on more 'Palestinians' than Israelis!

Oh gosh another Jesus -channeler. Thanks for speaking for the carpenter.

Thank you, Abby, for including this beautiful feature in today's Further news. What a nice piece for reflection to end the day, a peaceful vision of a common dream. Best wishes.