Home | About | Donate

Pope Francis Says Covid-19 Vaccine Must Be 'Universal and for All'—Not Just the Rich and Powerful

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/19/pope-francis-says-covid-19-vaccine-must-be-universal-and-all-not-just-rich-and

2 Likes

Perhaps an inquisition is in order. Start with trump.

3 Likes

Grazie, Papa Francisco.

Now, unto Improved Medicare For ALL in US America!

4 Likes

Remember, the FDA has never approved a vaccine for humans that is effective against any member of the corona virus family, which includes SARS, MERS, and several that cause the common cold. there may well never be a vaccine that is more than 40-50% effective, if that much. Believe it or not, just because people want something doesn’t mean it will happen (especially for free!)

3 Likes

Big Pharma vs. The Vatican (richest city on Earth). Can’t wait to see the results.

1 Like

Pope Francis and the Catholic Church could do a great deal for the PLANET
and the people by rescinding MANIFEST DESTINY and MAN’S DOMINION
OVER NATURE –

and by ending their support for ELITES/PATRIARCHY all across the planet.

“Christianity” underpins Elite/Patriarchy and recreates every day their message of
White Male Supremacy in the continuing demonization of native people, Africans
with many of the Papal Edicts to “Enslave or Kill” them still standing –

And, of course, their continuing failure to acknowledge the full personhood of females
as they acknowledge the full personhood of males.

Women must be allowed to participate in the authority and rituals of the Church –

The church must become a democracy – as ordered in Vatican II by Pope John XXIII in
the 1960’s to acknowledge that every member of the church has the right to their own
personal conscience, their own free thought and their own free will on all issues …
including birth control, contraceptives and abortion.

The VATICAN continues on as a RICH church while so many in the world, including children
go hungry.

2 Likes

Bernie is right. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. What is happening is SOCIAL MURDER at the request of corporations who control our Congress and Government. It should be noted corporations are not human and their behavior is that of a psychopath without empathy, compassion or care for others, yet the corrupt supreme court decided they have human rights. Corporations are never happy, they do not have emotion or feelings. They are cruel without any kind of morality. This is why we regular Americans are hurting and why corrupt politicians are happy to see America and its people die. They are carrying out the will of non-human entities and getting paid for it. Meanwhile, the public working for corporations are enticed/educated to act like psychopaths without a thought for others.

3 Likes

Hi Chris –

Bernie is right. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. What is happening is SOCIAL MURDER at the request of corporations who control our Congress and Government. It should be noted corporations are not human and their behavior is that of a psychopath without empathy, compassion or care for others, yet the corrupt supreme court decided they have human rights. Corporations are never happy, they do not have emotion or feelings. They are cruel without any kind of morality. This is why we regular Americans are hurting and why corrupt politicians are happy to see America and its people die. They are carrying out the will of non-human entities and getting paid for it. Meanwhile, the public working for corporations are enticed/educated to act like psychopaths without a thought for others.

Beautiful, Brilliant – Keep on telling it –
May I use it, giving you credit – or anonymously as “another poster”?

Hi – Trust you did see this part of my post …

The attacks on Roe aren’t about “morality” by any means as neither GOP nor Trump
have any. They are about the Elite need for cheap labor/higher profits.
And their continuing oppression of women in all of our societies under systems of
Patriarchy.

1 Like

Unfortunately we are obsessed with money. We like money more than democracy which we sacrificed for more of it.

~https://rodrik.typepad.com/dani_rodriks_weblog/2007/06/the-inescapable.html

Poor people’s money will be treated just like anybody elses money if they have enough of it.

1 Like

With Big Business gaining such advantage over the worker, like a social pendulum shift, I don’t see how very much can be realistically done for the former to resist. Unlike with a few social/worker revolutions of the past, notably the Bolshevik and French revolutions, it seems to me that contemporary Western world virtual corpocracy essentially has the police and military states in their pockets.

Then let the Pope liquidate the vast wealth of the Vatican in order to:

a) fund research on a vaccine;
b) pay for production of said vaccine;
c) pay for people to receive injections of said vaccine.

Oops… Just another hypocritical statement from the Roman Catholic Church.

1 Like

There are over 700 faith based hospitals in the U.S. And the Vatican is invested in various aspects of healthcare in the U.S. They have been dumping assets in Longterm care over the last couple years.

If you’ve any links to this, please consider providing them. Thanks.

Sure, I will see if I save them. It is all repositioning in healthcare. It is about hospitals too.

Here is some History and I will get back to you on present time:

~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_health_care

And

US Catholic Church got $3.5 billion in PPP coronavirus aid: AP - Business Insider. The word “Insider”.

1 Like

Thank you.
$3.5 billion? Serious need over at the Catholic Church, I doubt.

1 Like

There is a lot of information in business journals because how we provide healthcare is changing. The church is no exception but it will have to change too.

1 Like

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRvS4JnND6M

1 Like

How and why?

How and why what? Changes to healthcare? Religious based healthcare? There is a hint from the Wall Street Journal. Mergers in non-profit and religious stipulations in healthcare service.