Home | About | Donate

'Postpone the Hearing': Democrats Demand Delay in Barrett's Confirmation Process After Third GOP Senator Tests Positive for Covid-19

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/03/postpone-hearing-democrats-demand-delay-barretts-confirmation-process-after-third

1 Like

This article had me a bit confused. Why would democrats want the hearings postponed? Sick republicans would make it possible to vote down confirmation.

Then I realized, that with the republicans to cover them missing, the democrats would have to vote in FAVOR. They would lose the opportunity to impotently gnash their teeth at their helplessness, while pretending that they wanted to stop the nomination.

9 Likes

well, she’s lined up Manchin, right?

This should be fun. I’m just sitting back watching these clowns assassinate each other with bio warfare.

5 Likes

Do whatever it takes, Democrats, to completely stop this religious nutcase from being put on SCOTUS.
I suggest calling in an exorcist who will get near the nominee. When the demons inside her react as they did in The Exorcist movie, be sure to videotape it and spread the news.
I’ve looked at a few dozen pictures of this person’s face, and read about her religious fanaticism and judicial theology. She’s a succubus, and I’m sure the constitution can be interpreted as saying that a succubus isn’t eligible for SCOTUS.
DERAIL AMY NOW!!!

5 Likes

"Super Spreader Amy "
A new film by stormy Daniels .

6 Likes

Gonna hafta repaint the famous John Gast painting, American Progress – gonna hafta show Amy Coney the super-spreader striding boldly across the land… native peoples and animals fleeing in terror.

^https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/American_Progress_%28John_Gast_painting%29.jpg

6 Likes

Zing! First time I laughed today!

1 Like

Rest assured, Barrett will be confirmed before the election, even if they have to have hearings and a vote while wearing level 4 hazmat suits.

She is (pardon the pun) the conservatives “Trump” card. With her in place, along with 220 other similar minded dingbats, they will make sure that no progressive legislation is passed or policy enacted until at least 2035. She will help usher in the America that the Calvinists first envisioned when landing on these shores over 300 years ago.
Coming soon to a courthouse near you, witch burnings.

7 Likes

If Ukraine Mitch has called for a vote, why hasn’t Pelosi filed a law suit to stop it. Republican’s, especially Mitch have no standing since they did what they did last time. Plus the virus. Plus the fact that it wouldn’t be fair for the millions that have already voted for president.
Should be a no brainer stopping the bull rush of right-wing overreach.

1 Like

Let’s face it, Nancy and chuck, and especially Joe Biden, want Barrett in place as quickly as possible. She’s their out. When they go about doing nothing for the next four years while the nation goes to hell in a hand basket, they will simply point to the federal appellate courts and the SCOTUS as their all purpose excuse for their own political impotence.
“Those big conservative meanies won’t let us pass single payer, or fix Medicare and social security. Oh well, nothing could be done. The system is the system” they will cry, with their limp dicks grasped firmly in their left hands.

7 Likes

can we say scam???–the miracle cure will be here shortly

Hi Hen’s Teeth:
After reading about Coney Barrett’s religion and how the men decide everything—while the women are handmaids. Hmmm. I am wondering if Amy is there to let her husband do the voting in the court? That would be a very bad idea and very upsetting to many, and could cause them to go rabbit hunting!

1 Like

Thats where we are headed I think.
Sometime mid next week, trump will announce that he was magically cured by a new “vaccine” produced with the blood of Jesus. He will climb up on the cross, and his fawning sycophants will flog themselves in celebration.
Let’s face it, he’s lied about everything else, why not this too?

5 Likes

“Covid Hope.”
The sequel…

3 Likes

Not a snowballs chance in Hell Mitch is going to slow this train down a bit, but I can’t also not smile a little and think the Rose Garden ceremony last week was “Ruthie’s Revenge”, as in: “I told you to wait until after the inauguration!”, and now you’ll have the bug to deal with.

Some god or other must be angry. Sarcasm

1 Like

I respectfully disagree.
It’s really not fair at all to disregard the body of work, ending with bills sent to the do nothing, except put hundreds of partisan judges on the job, senate.
If we keep howling about democrats we will enjoy more of trump. Vote smart.

IIRC, even if seven or eight 'Poop-Lickens are (hopefully) defeated in the upcoming / ongoing election, won’t they still hold office until Inauguration Day – January 20, 2021?  My copy of the Constitution isn’t clear on this, so please clarify for me when the newly-elected senators will be sworn in.

2 Likes

Sadly agree. What a fine kettle of fish we find ourselves in.
Trump makes his well known comment “Lying Ted” a complete farcical line. Especially from the 20,000 lies knucklehead.

That’s the other hearing problem. Superspreader and her entire large family were all gathered around the Donald and the Melania. Odds are tremendous that Superspreader either has the covid incubating now or else her kids are going to pass the plague around the house for a solid month.

2 Likes