Home | About | Donate

Preparing to Protect the Election Results

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/25/preparing-protect-election-results

1 Like

“One of the core elements of fascism is that agents of the government act with brute force without regard for law.”

The agents of the U.S. government have been acting WITH BRUTE FORCE and without regard for law for a long time. I think when Trump told the Proud Boys: " STAND DOWN; STAND READY" it was a dog whistle that I will not leave office in 2021.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something in this, but it seems the gist is we should vociferously express our disapproval of any attempt of a coup.

Hmmm . . .

If that were the case, that all of our voices of disapproval carried the day, I don’t think we’d be where we are at this point, not to mention worrying about some coup by the cuckoos.

1 Like

The author should have added that those who take to the streets to protest a coup should be ready to be teargassed, shot at and abducted by trump’s secret police force, like what happened at the BLM protests. What is really going to have to happen if that starts playing out is for the US Military to step in and do what they are sworn to do by upholding the constitution by fighting off trump’s police force and preventing the coup - something that they very well might not want to do since the military seems to have a policy of staying out of domestic politics, although they have no problem messing with other countries’ politics.

4 Likes

We’ve lived in an not so subtle fascist country for decades now. High level govt and corporations are on the same quest for power and profits. Multiply Cheney/Haliburton by thousands.
If you put a frog in boiling water he jumps out. Put that frog in cool water, heat the water up slowly, the frog doesn’t notice and dies! We’re at a point now where Trump is right out there in the open and at least 40% of the population doesn’t recognize it for what it is! The heats been on for a long time.
Given that Biden is ahead in the polls, this article describes best what will be the main story/ tragedy of this election. The downside consequences of capitalism/empire/MIC has caused much destruction around the world. Now it’s happening here! In my opinion this article is spot on and should have 100 comments!

1 Like