Home | About | Donate

President Blowback: How the Invasion of Iraq Came Home

President Blowback: How the Invasion of Iraq Came Home

Tom Engelhardt

If you want to know where President Donald Trump came from, if you want to trace the long winding road (or escalator) that brought him to the Oval Office, don’t look to reality TV or Twitter or even the rise of the alt-right. Look someplace far more improbable: Iraq.

I like 'President 'Blowhard' better. Fits him.

Tom Englehardt in the process of defaming Donald Trump effectively rehearses the false narrative of what has become the 16 year greater middle east war of American aggression.
This war is about two things--controlling oil reserves (notice who is Secretary of State) and the economic stimulus that comes from endless production of weapons and munitions used to prosecute the war (Think Orwell's 1984 maxim "War is Peace").
That and the opportunity to contain Russia and China and the growing partnership they are promoting with the rest of the world (resource rich Africa and Latin America especially) and you have both the cause and effect of the Trump presidency (and nearly every other presidency since the beginning of WWII).

The empire strikes home

Nothing at all about Obama's administration doubling down on the neocon endless war needs? Hillary Clinton and her brown eyed twin, Victoria Nuland, planning ways to topple the rest of the of countries on that list Rumsfeld laid on General Wesley Clarke's desk within 10 days of 9/11? Victoria N. was Dick Cheney's foreign policy adviser at one time. Why was she still a biggie in Obama's State Department?

To my mind, Poet's first two paragraphs cover that topic pretty well.

Spot on!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-kagans-are-back-wars-to-follow/5580171

Oh come on Tom Englehardt. Pull the other leg.

"which began in glory". No, it began as an unwarranted violent and cowardly attack that was illegal under international law.

As for the Pentagon being left in ruins? Do you really know what constitutes a ruin, Mr Englehardt? Ask an elderly Russian or a German or someone who survived Germany's bombing of cities in the UK. There are still a few left aged between 71 and 100. Or ask an Iraqi, a Syrian, a Lebanese, someone from Gaza (if the israelis will let you in) or perhaps a Yemeni or an Agfhan. Some Vietnamese could also advise you.

The Pentagon suffered nothing but a a nice round hole in a wall plus a fire and a few dead, caused by a low-flying object that left no remnant bits of an aeroplane, such as an engine.

If we believe the official story of 9/11, 15 out of 19 "hijackers" were from Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is our closest Middle East ally after Israel.

Now we know that very prominent Saudis funded the 9/11 event. If we believe the official account of 9/11, the Bush Administration ignored pretty specific warning leading up to 9/11.

Draw the lines and follow the money. Since the moment of 9/11 the USA has become a kleptocracy serving the interests of a few hundred billionaire miscreants. The Bush Administration did not steal that election with good intentions in mind.

And as of this morning, North Korea is in the crosshairs. Rex Tillerson said nothing is off the table including, I suppose, a pre-emptive strike by US.

Anyone with even the slightest bit of Common Sense knew that the course W was taking would only result in stirring up a Hornet's Nest that would trail us for years.

That he was able to pull it off was mainly the result of the Captured Media closing ranks, aiding and abetting.

That it was a War Crime, akin to why we hung Nazis at Nuremberg, was understandable to anyone with even just a few years of High School Social Studies/Civics/History classes.

Terrorists?

It's our own Captured Government.

Thanks, lobo4justice, for a look at what a REAL hero looks like.

Tom I know your heart is in the right place, but I just can't make my way through your long-winded pieces anymore. As I scanned your piece I realized that you completely missed the real dynamic of the Trump campaign. I'll spell it out for you.

Everything about the Bush administration unwarranted attack on the Middle East was a sack of bald-faced lies, a reality that a majority of Americans fully realize, and have for some years. Nothing done during the Obama administration vigorously tried to correct those lies. Trump, though flaming asshole that he is, played to that knowledge to discredit both the professional political establishment - aka "our government" - and the media for being the lap-dog echo chamber that it is.

Only Bernie and the Donald came close to telling the truth about our recent past during the election, but Trump appealed to fear and hate and Bernie tried to appeal to hope and reason. And we all know how that turned out.

Bernie, with his appeal to hope and reason absolutely would have won, especially had he been allowed to be the Candidate debating Trump on National Television, dismantling Trump's lies,one by one.

That his Campaign was stopped by "The Owners", as George put it, was proof positive, Bernie would have easily swept the Nation.

Since Bernie was not pre-selected he never had a chance. Presidents are not elected, that is just a dog and pony show for the naive masses, they are pre-selected. The only exception was JFK who was pre-selected for POTUS but turned on his selectors; especially when he turned on the CIA and threatened to " smash it into a thousand pieces".