Home | About | Donate

President Can't Be Picking Who Might Be His Judge': #StopKavanaugh Meets #ImpeachTrump

President Can't Be Picking Who Might Be His Judge': #StopKavanaugh Meets #ImpeachTrump

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Calls to halt Senate hearings for right-wing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh—as well as for Congress to move towards impeachment proceedings—resurged after after the plea agreement of President Donald Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen, signed under oath, led the president to be characterized as "all but an unindicted co-conspirator in a federal crime."

2 Likes

Trump is now an unindicted co-conspiritor who has no business selected the judge who could decide his future on the Supreme Court. Thank you for stopping the Kavanaugh theft by McConnell while the other courts are packed by him with extreme right-wing judges. If we were honest we would here Garland for the court.

1 Like

Cue the video of Chuck and Nancy banging their spoons on their high chairs.

1 Like

Is there a list of the 29 Democrats who are undecided about Kavanaugh? Or did I miss it? I think stopping Kavanaugh has to happen first, then impeachment, which takes longer.

It’ll soon be time for the resident D-party apologists to make excuses for the Kavanaugh ‘Yea’ votes from the likes of Manchin and Heitkamp.

Because we need Manchins and Heitkamps to control the Senate…
So Dems can control votes on Supreme Court nominees…

1 Like

Wake up. The fix is in. Kavanaugh is going to get a pass.
But rest assured there will be thousands of astro-turfers out protesting and expressing their indignation. So we can type “bravo!” on Common Day-Dreamers knowing that the show will go on.

There is nothing more pathetic than fake politics and fake activism.

R’Cons refused to allow Obama’s SCOTUS nominee, the widely respected Judge Merrick Garland, to even be considered until after trump’s s-election!..and no one in that situation faced potential impeachment or criminal indictment, nor was anyone accused under oath of criminal felonies, OR had a nominee that has such a dangerous view of an imperial presidency! - the conflicts are too great to allow trumps stealth=

“To impeach this president would be to delegitimize the racist, misogynist movement he represents and to acknowledge that his political ascendancy is a product of illegal activity more so than the will of the masses” - Bree Newsome

5 Likes

There has to be a whole lot of something on this guy –
otherwise he wouldn’t be the beneficiary of this “reward” and they
wouldn’t do anything like this without having a pull on him should
he not like what they ask him to do next.

Where to find it is the question – but certainly someone out there knows.

NJ Senator Robt. Menendez, who has himself been under investigation for a few
years now – gave us this to think about . . .

Furthermore, prior to the 2016 elections, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell withheld the vote on President Obama’s nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, Merrick Garland, for over nine months. The Senate eventually voted instead on President Trump’s nominee – Neil Gorsuch, whose nomination I did not support – after a contentions process where Majority Leader McConnell invoked the “nuclear option” to change the rules and ultimately confirm the nomination. With this precedent in mind, I believe that the Senate should not vote on a Supreme Court nominee until after the American people have had their voices heard in the November 2018 elections.

Can they be held to their own standards?

Nothing wrong with power, except when it’s in the wrong hands.

2 Likes

Emphyrio –

“To impeach this president would be to delegitimize the racist, misogynist movement he represents and to acknowledge that his political ascendancy is a product of illegal activity more so than the will of the masses” - Bree Newsome

Thank you – and add this in by NJ Dem Senator Robert Menendez –

Furthermore, prior to the 2016 elections, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell withheld the vote on President Obama’s nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, Merrick Garland, for over nine months. The Senate eventually voted instead on President Trump’s nominee – Neil Gorsuch, whose nomination I did not support – after a contentions process where Majority Leader McConnell invoked the “nuclear option” to change the rules and ultimately confirm the nomination. With this precedent in mind, I believe that the Senate should not vote on a Supreme Court nominee until after the American people have had their voices heard in the November 2018 elections.

2 Likes

Would take a turnip over Hair Hitler the Flaming Orange Satan Chump trump any day.

1 Like

Keep in mind that all of this is rocking along on a globally toxic effete crashing the global economy. Chris Hedges and Nomi Prinz review the background to our present situation

2 Likes

I realize that both Emphyrio and Greenwich have already addressed this point, BUT:

-_@@%+%&*^*^@&*)))^&######!!!

HE ALREADY GOT HIS PICK–ILLICITLY. Where are all the “Original Intenters” when crap like this comes down? Oh, excuse me, they are leading the cheers, because they take it on faith that THEIR intent is precisely identical to that of the Founders.

But I still favor caution on impeachment. At this point we should be able to hamstring him to prevent any further really destructive actions by He Who Would Be King, and then maybe even to drag out his self-immolation until it wipes out Pence. With Ryan gone, we might then just have a chance to make it through the bottleneck that we have been funneling into for most of the 70+ years since this country’s leaders incinerated two cities to prove to the Russians that we could, oblivious to the fact that knowledge is seldom secret for long when the stakes are that high.

1 Like

Hi theoldgoat,
and thank you, even though I am now so horrified that I don’t know what to think, or say or do. Thankfully this educated me , although it was terrorizing me at the same time. Oh America , we re so screwed again, and the last time was only 10 years ago, so apparently creating money from nothing is kind of like the Emperors New Clothes----except it seems like America has screwed all the people in the whole world----- at the same time.
Somehow I am looking forward to China taking over the world.

As far as Trump supporters go, “You can’t fix stupid.” It’s a no brainer that you can’t be your own judge and jury in a legal matter.
Another poke in the eye for the voters. Elections have consequences. G

“No senator can justify voting for Trump’s Supreme Court pick now . . . .” The problem is, he/she doesn’t need to justify it - just do it. This is no longer a world driven by right and wrong - only expediency.

There are two problems here. First, our democracy might not survive two more years of Trump to even have an election. Second, that assumes that the Democratic National Committee does not scuttle Bernie Sanders’ candidacy once again.