Home | About | Donate

Prez Trump: You Can't Fight the Whole World

Prez Trump: You Can't Fight the Whole World

Eric Margolis

Maybe the president believes he’s won a great victory over the wicked Syrians by lobbing cruise missiles at one of their underused air bases. Maybe Trump believes that he’s scared the evil Russians and the too big for their sampans Chinese into obedience.

His 22,000-lb MOAB terror bomb on Afghanistan should keep those pesky Taliban quiet for a while even though the Pentagon claimed the intended target was a group- Khorosan – that may not actually exist.

Was probably assured the survival of his "team (read : family and selected allies) , no matter what.

Does as he's instructed, as his "handlers/owners" tell him :

" Do what you're told, we'll worry about the consequences."

I think Trump is just doing it for domestic political reasaons. He knows his support is based on hate. Hate of liberals and minorities in the US and enemies abroad. For his enemies abroad he has chosen Iran, Syria, and North Korea. Clearly including North Korea involves a lot of risk if he is actually going to make the type of threats he is making. It is just one more example of how irresponsible he is as an elected leader. I am not sure if it will ever be explained how Americans could have been so stupid to elect him. I guess intense hate can drive voters to make such a crazy choice as emotions can easily override rational judgement when it comes to voting and Trump's whole campaign was based on that.

The success of Trump's eternal campaign depends upon him constantly adding new enemies to his already long list of enemies that already extends way beyond "liberals, minorities, Iran, Syria and North Korea" By the time the 2020 election rolls around the list the nations that are NOT on Trump's enemy list will be much shorter than the ones on his list of enemies.

As long as Trump keeps adding new enemies that only he can protect his supporters from, his authoritarian loving base will keep supporting him.

"Prez Trump: You Can’t Fight the Whole World"

He is cagey enough to get the money-power, the Pentagon, the Police and all the big banks and corporations on his side, so I guess he can.

Direct Democracy

He not only believes, unless he's going through one of his intermittent short term self doubt phases, that
he CAN fight The whole world with one fortune tied behind his back. He sounds or soon will sound like Charlie Sheen: "Winning!"

Why does the MSM keep spreading the rumor that N Korea is a threat?

Iran is now being blamed for all Washington’s problems in the Mideast. So war fever against Iran is again mounting.

One minor correction. Iran and Russia are now being blamed for all Washington’s problems in the Mideast. So war fever against Iran is again mounting and the Syrian quagmire is still being blamed on the Russians. Everyone forgets that it was the US that instigated the insurrection and then civil war in Syria.