Home | About | Donate

Prine As Tender Poet: The Best That I Could Do

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/07/04/prine-tender-poet-best-i-could-do

4 Likes

John Prine was a fantastic songwriter and singer. Clearly a poet. I’m glad he was honored for his words and music. I only wish someone other than that vile human being J.B. Pritzker could have honored him but such is the world we live in now.

5 Likes

Missin’ John Prine like roses miss the dew… great musical tribute and well deserved artist.

10 Likes

I had never heard John Prine before. His words and his voice fit so weII together—and the writing made me happy and sad at the same time—justI Iike reaI life.

2 Likes

His duets with Iris DeMent are great, too.

4 Likes

Prine wrote so many great songs. What a classic farewell this one is. Poignant as all get-out.

4 Likes

The most heartfelt and meaningful songs ever written - “so simply written, so profoundly beautiful”

Abby speaks to the core as usual, as John did for so many; the loss we feel, especially at this time is still palpable. Listening to his untitled first again the beauty, sadness and essential truths helped many of us grow and heal in many personal ways. Peace to all.

3 Likes

Cause we’re not the jet set, we’re the old ChevroLET set…

And your flag decal WON’T get you into heaven anymore…

Timeless

8 Likes