Home | About | Donate

Privacy Advocates Sound Alarm as CBP 'Scrambling' to Deploy Facial Recognition at Major US Airports

Privacy Advocates Sound Alarm as CBP 'Scrambling' to Deploy Facial Recognition at Major US Airports

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Privacy advocates raised alarm on Monday as documents revealed the U.S. government is "scrambling" to deploy a facial recognition program to screen international travelers at the nation's 20 busiest airports.

0 Likes

They want you to believe that this is about paranoia (security) . It;s not. It’s about controlling a population. IT’s about a government elite that are afraid of the People

2 Likes

Trying to catch up with the European Union. MUC been using it for a few years already.

0 Likes

This is all coming together rather nicely.
We have already completed the operating system linking automated drones to our facial recognition database, and as soon as the last remaining bugs have been ironed out we can deploy fleets of fully automated drones capable of making autonomous targeting decisions with an insignificant margin of error.
Don’t you all feel safe and protected now?
Oh, and have we told you about the state of the art AI we will be putting in charge of the system?

1 Like

Damn, I forgot to shave. Hope it screws up their database.

0 Likes

I wonder if hackers could break in and change all the white male people
faces to Cheney’s and everyone else would get things like actors doing comic book characters. That would be fun. Or maybe some past winners from dog shows, or cat shows would be fun to insert. Oh and Tucker Carlson could be a monkey that way. Really, I cannot imagine that the 4th amendment allows this—because taking photos of everyone and storing hem indefinitely is certainly unreasonable search and seizure.

2 Likes

Hi Dubet, maybe they’ve already done that to all the people who were silly enough to use facebook. : (
But , they could be inserting the faces and bodies of politicians that they don’t like - too–this could be very creepy to a once , said to be ,Democratic Republic. ; 0

1 Like

I don’t think it works that way. If you’re a white guy, short of a few shots of novocaine or a stroke yoy’re pretty much done for.

Now if you’re black, you might away with it. Apparently it has problems recognizing black faces.

1 Like

This is described in the headline as totally unnecessary. But, hey, how else can we have a police state?

0 Likes