Home | About | Donate

Pro-Choice Groups Raise Alarm Ahead of House Vote to Ban Abortion After 20 Weeks

Pro-Choice Groups Raise Alarm Ahead of House Vote to Ban Abortion After 20 Weeks

Women's March sign

"Republicans in Congress failed to take healthcare from millions—so they're trying to ban abortion and take away bodily autonomy"

Thank you Jessica for this excellent article. I think women are taking second or third place in today’s news. In issues like this sometimes the consequences are not immediate recognized but through this type legislation there is already an increase in maternal mortality which is already high for a industrialized country.

A womans chance to “choose” whether she keeps a child or not is made when she CHOOSES to spread her legs or not…except in cases of risk to mothers life or rape or incest. And I am an ironclad Liberal! Come on man…even a completely blind nut can make that call.

re “ironclad liberal:”

No, you’re a hidebound misogynist with a compulsive need to stick your nose where it doesn’t belong. Go tend to your own reproductive health and leave others to do the same.

Last time I checked it takes two people for conception to take place. If women weren’t subjugated in society this would be a non-issue. Having a unintended pregnancy is not a criminal act and placing all pregnancy within such a narrow frame by men that have relative zero understanding is obscene.

Being able to have the ability to create life on this planet is female, and men feel they have to control it. How sick is that?