Home | About | Donate

Progressive Community Mourns Death of Michael Brooks, A 'Passionate Fighter for Justice'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/21/progressive-community-mourns-death-michael-brooks-passionate-fighter-justice

This is shocking and devastating news. Michael’s humor, talent, insight and intelligence will be sorely missed. He struck me as a down to earth guy with a tremendous empathy for all around him.

4 Likes

what…the hell? …

Thank you Jake Johnson for this tribute.

2 Likes

Micheal was a giant of progressive politics in America. So wonderfully intelligent and compassionate. Such an important and powerful voice. This is devastating. My deepest condolences to his friends and family.

2 Likes

My paranoia won’t be satisfied until I know what he died of.

Another good one of ours gone, dammit.

1 Like

This is an incalculable loss for the left. Michael was teaching a new generation about revolutionary history, theory, and internationalism. Hamba kahle comrade.

2 Likes

I started watching Michael’s show a few months ago. This is heartbreaking. He was so intelligent and knowledgable, but also very funny. RiP Michael.

2 Likes

If you didn’t hear, Michael’s sister informed the audience on the “Majority Report’s” tribute show that he died suddenly of a blood clot in his neck. She also added it was not Covid-19 induced, but that doctors had no idea what caused the clot.

1 Like

Despite sloppy hits like JFK’s and Epstein’s, I don’t doubt that assassination technology is advancing right along with our paranoia.