Home | About | Donate

Progressive Primary Challenger Jessica Cisneros Calls Out "Trump's Favorite Democrat" Henry Cuellar for Sycophantic Iran Statement

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/06/progressive-primary-challenger-jessica-cisneros-calls-out-trumps-favorite-democrat

1 Like

That Cuellar’s team accuses his opponent of being soft on terrorism makes him a de facto Repub.

Apparently, the fiasco of the Iraq War taught Cuellar nothing.

5 Likes

Someone soft on terrorism would be someone not willing to recognize the terrorist actions of our C.I.A.
The fact that we have uniformed terrorists as well doesn’t escape us either.

5 Likes

This Canadian is happy to read Ms. Cisneros is speaking out against President Trumps assassination of Iran’s General . Bernie Sanders didn’t speak out against Donald Trumps assassination. Shame on Bernie Sanders…shame.
Mr. Blair M. Phillips
St. Catharines, Ontario

Tulsi’s campaign is based on the putting an end to regime change wars but nary a comment/headline in the the press or on TV pointing this out. You think there is a media blackout for Bernie, it doesn’t hold a candle to what they are doing to Ms Gabbard. Want money for universal health care; stop the wars. Want money for education; stop the wars. Want money for infrastructure; stop the wars. Want to lower the USA’s carbon footprint; stop the wars. Want to fix the immigration problem; stop the wars. If you want peace then vote for the soldier; someone willing to talk to friend and enemy alike.

2 Likes

Time to replay Buffy Sainte Marie’s 1960s song Universal Soldier ?

1 Like

Cuellar is Twump’s favorite D? I had thought either Pelosi or Schumer would top that list.

1 Like

When I lived in San Antonio, Cuellar was my representative. He is Democrat in name only. He and Cornyn could be joined at the hip. Went to his office many times on issues, finally got tired of the bushwa being shoveled my way. Still can’t get them to disenroll me from their email list.

2 Likes

Bernie did speak out against the assassination. He had a press conference about it the day after it happened.

Turtle Islander…I did see a short clip(3:00 min. ?) and thought I listened very closely to hear if he was going to come out and clearly say," I’m against the assassination" but I never heard him say so. It is possible that he made " several press conferences" that day and I just never saw the one you obviously did. My sincere apologies Turtle Islander and I’m glad you spoke up to correct me.
Mr. Phillips
Canada
Retired