Home | About | Donate

Progressive Voices Raise Doubts About Warren's New Strategy to Achieve Medicare for All

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/17/progressive-voices-raise-doubts-about-warrens-new-strategy-achieve-medicare-all

1 Like

This is why a representative candidate needs to eschew corporate contributions in the general election as well as the nomination.

Corporations that make donations are actually legally enjoined to get profitable results from their investment. And they do check.

11 Likes

Maybe such a proposal and position would garner a few more votes, but it’s a capitulation on the real issue before even getting into office. Too much rhetorical dancing around here, and we still have a year to go.

9 Likes

Real progressive change will never come from the democratic party.

7 Likes
7 Likes

The health insurance industry is likely bribing Liz.
I used to have employment-included health insurance.
The plan sucked but was better than nothing.
Then my employer took it away.
Now I have no health insurance. Not qualified for Medicare or Medicaid.
I have a bracelet on my wrist and a living will that say “do not resuscitate.”
If I get injured or sick, I won’t go to a hospital or doctor.
I’ll figure out how to heal myself, and if I can’t, I’ll take my dose of pentobarbital and die.
That’s life in America, “the richest country on earth.”

16 Likes

Sorry Liz but your Republican “Capitalist” background is showing.

Trying to satisfy Everyone usually winds up satisfying No One.

Caving into the “Moderate” position that we have to go slow and people should be allowed to keep their Private Insurance has made you a tepid, indecisive boring Progressive.

This is no time for Hesitation, we need a strong, committed Progressive that will lead the charge in the battle to establish Medicare For All.

Your constant vacillation and procrastination is a clear sign that you are not fully committed to the most important issue facing the electorate in 2020, Healthcare.

Basically there is really only one candidate in this presidential race that has not waffled or hesitated to pronounce loud and clear that Medicare For All is the only Humanitarian plan for all Americans.

We must take control of the type of Health Care Insurance Policy we want and drive the Profiteers out of the Health Care Industry.

BERNIE SANDERS - 2020

17 Likes

Warren started out as a Republican, and to this day proudly claims she is a “capitalist to her bones”. She says she loves capitalism because people can get rich. Clearly, she does not see any problems with modern capitalism that a little more regulation won’t fix right up. If you want someone to fight for Medicare for All once in office (not just 'Medicare for all who can pay for it"), then right now you only have one serious choice. Bernie.

15 Likes

Three things

1. Rosa Parks did not go to the front of the bus incrementally

2. We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
    Albert Einstein

3. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

• Frederick Douglass

PS: We can afford ANYTHING we want. It’s only a matter of Priorities

17 Likes

After her secret meetings with Clinton we can pretty much guess what is going to happen

9 Likes

Has any reporter looked into who exactly wrote this bill for Warren?

7 Likes

Hell, now Warren is beginning to sound like Joe Biden and all the other corporate stooges waiting in line behind him. Warren’s plan is nothing more than the same old Dem ploy of "trust me, we’ll get to real change down the road, sometime … if we can … it’s hard, though … it takes time … don’t want to appear to radical … blah, blah, blah. She’s surrendering before the fight has even begun. Way to fight there, Liz. Don’t hold any punches. Go for it.

12 Likes

Sounds very Obamaesque. I will repeat this on message boards until either Bernie wins or is defeated. Warren wants to change the rules. Bernie wants to change the system.

12 Likes

If she does get Obamacare repaired, the Dems will go right back to sleep and any chance of pushing though a Medicare for All style plan is over. We got Obamacare precisely because Obama and the Dems refused to consider any single payer option at all.

11 Likes

For starters I want Medicare for me. I’m over 65.

I want Medicare part B to not cost me $135 a month. Doesn’t that go against the grain for real Medicare, soaking grandpa or else he’s uninsured because he’s not middle class? I don’t even bother being insured by Medicare part D (drugs) because the drug world is so crazy.

I want Medicare to cover the tooth extraction that I need. It’s tooth #20. It has rotted away underneath. Medicare doesn’t cover that stuff. It’s better that people die of it.

I want Medicare to fully cover an eye operation that has been strongly recommended for me or else the hole in my maculum will get bigger, not just cover 80% of it. I haven’t had it. Do the surgeons think that we are made of money?

In the good countries, Medicare covers complementary and alternative medicine. Britain has five naturopathic hospitals.

15 Likes

No one will ever develop vaccines for smallpox and polio.

Really?
Let’s hear it then.

Totally agree. There is nothing more important to the prosperity of a nation than the health of its citizens.

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it better!

2 Likes

May she plummet in the polls.

I don’t hate her. May she have a soft landing.

8 Likes