Home | About | Donate

Progressives Demand House Dems Hold Mnuchin in Contempt for Defying Subpoena for Trump's Tax Returns

Progressives Demand House Dems Hold Mnuchin in Contempt for Defying Subpoena for Trump's Tax Returns

Progressive groups on Friday called on House Democrats to hold Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin in contempt of Congress for his refusal to comply with a subpoena for President Donald Trump's tax returns.

1 Like

I am so tired of you feckless Article I Democrats–you know who you are. Use your jailing authority. You’ve been given plenty of reason to do so. Show some strength on behalf of the People that you have been elected to represent.

25 Likes

I’d suggest Swithcing places with Chelsea Manning

7 Likes

Once again I am suggesting people move, get out, be gone or go away. The Senate has collapsed, mitch won’t protect the vote, the House and nancy won’t impeach and the right wing zealots are taking over women’s bodies making them non-persons…get out while the getting is good.

8 Likes

Corbett sez:
“Progressive groups on Friday called on House Democrats to hold Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin in contempt of Congress …”

Congress can get in line. Munchkin has had nothing but contempt for the USAn people for years.

2 Likes

I am typically a defender of Pelosi around these parts. Wrangling over 200 people from over 200 different districts from across the country is a tough job. But I don’t know what she’s doing with all these “impeach himself” type comments. Fighting yesterday’s battles I guess. Either way, it’s time to drop the hammer and start getting real about what’s happening. Nobody else is going to.

2 Likes

Where would you suggest going to?

progressive advocacy groups Stand Up America and Tax March…

I’ve never heard of “Stand Up America” and “Tax March” as progressive groups. Sound more like these groups were just stood up to create all this noise.

What investigation is Congress doing to justify invasion of privacy? What crime was committed that Trump is being investigated for? If it is a fishing expedition then that is Un-American and should not be encouraged.

The Mueller report already showed there was no collusion with the Kremlin and there is plenty of evidence to suggest the Kremlin did not prefer Trump over Clinton (new Trump sanctions and Clinton’s “Uranium One” deal) and the Podesta emails were leaked (his password was apparently “password”) and the DNC servers were not hacked remotely (Clinton failed to hand over servers for FBI investigation, WikiLeaks suggested Seth Rich was the leaker).

1 Like

Kabuki at its finest.

The show starts right on cue when someone says the Democrats are going to “get tough.”

8 Likes

My nephew moved to New Zealand right after the illegal invasion of Iraq and he tells me he loves it however, very difficult country to move to unless you are very wealthy or have skills that they want.

4 Likes

I had better labor law protections and better and more affordable health care when I was living in Africa…so, just about anywhere. BTW I was living as a local, getting paid in bongo bucks and working for a local company.

4 Likes

Oh, come on! Until they are both locked up they are above the law! If you are I were given a subpoena and told the court that we were not going to comply, we would be issued a warrant for our arrest, why no warrant for Mnuchin’s arrest?

10 Likes

When dems get power again, we need laws that are undeniable illegal. We need the power of the other two branches to hold the executive branch accountable and an enforceable law to jail them.

If we have that now why aren’t the sissy dems not using these laws.

The executive branch has flaunted and disobeyed the oath of office they took. Jail them all and hold them for trial and not at some frilly jail house.

1 Like

Looks like the system of checks and balances is working fine, the legislative branch is trying to bully the executive branch, the executive branch would have nothing of it. Either one of them can appeal to the judicial branch to break the impasse.

1 Like

If Mnuchin doesn’t respond to a subpoena, arrest him… Congress has that authority. Failure to do so exposes the Dems weakness and spinelessness.

5 Likes

Just for starters while the guillotine gets oiled and sharpened.

1 Like

THAT was done a VERY long time ago for anyone paying attention to their non-actions.

2 Likes

C-O-M-P-L-I-C-I-T-Y?

9 Likes

Clearly, according to the Constitution, the committee’s request is based upon a legitimate DUTY to oversee the Executive Branch and ensure that the laws are being faithfully executed.

NO ONE, Not even the President, Is Above The Law!!!

Rettig, Mnuchin and Barr should ALL be locked up  —  and while you’re at it, throw P’Loser in there with them for her own failure to fulfill her oath of office!

4 Likes

It was known well before Trump had even entered the primary in 2016 that he had obtained major loans from DeutscheBank, which has close ties to the Kremlin, and that Trump had been negotiating to build
a large structure in Moscow.  Whereas it is not illegal for a private citizen to have major financial entan­glements in a foreign nation, holding major financial leverage over Trump and/or his family could give a foreign power undue influence over decisions being made by our president, especially in the case of an individual who so obviously places his own interests above those of the nation he is supposedly serving.

Even the redacted Mueller report in Part One describes widespread and systematic efforts on the part of Russia to sway the election in Trump’s favor.  That insufficient evidence was found to charge CRIM­INAL conspiracy on the part of Donald Trump was due to the many instances of Obstruction of Justice described in Part Two of the report.  Even if such evidence had been found, Mueller would have been restrained from an actual indictment of the President by the same DOJ policy that – very unfortunately, IMHO – restrained him from indicting the president for the many instances of Obstruction of Justice as described in Part Two.

Because DOJ policy restrained Mueller from indicting the president, it is now up to Congress to use its additional powers of subpoena to complete the investigation of the Drümpf crime family’s many possibly illegal activities and to issue indictments and/or initiate impeachment proceedings against the president if warranted.

2 Likes