Home | About | Donate

Progressives Lament, Paul Ryan Celebrates as Court Strikes Down Rule Designed to Protect Retirees from Financial Fraudsters

Progressives Lament, Paul Ryan Celebrates as Court Strikes Down Rule Designed to Protect Retirees from Financial Fraudsters

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

While progressives issued warnings to retirees, Republican lawmakers were being denounced on Friday for celebrating a federal appeals court ruling against an Obama-era rule that required financial advisers to prioritize clients' interests over their own when providing investment advice.

When Wall Street and their servants in Congress say that something is good for “the economy,” they mean their personal economy, not the economy the rest of us live in.

I’m trying the remember the last time Congress passed any law that didn’t specifically benefit their owner/donors, at the expense of the rest of us.

Odds are pretty good that I’m a lot older than you, and your memory is right on so far as I can tell.   And thank you for inspiring a follow-on to my 2017 bumper sticker — "1984 . . .   Here At Last!!   The 2018 one will read

My Owners are the Biggest Donors

" —   y o u r   C o n g r e s s m a n "

The authority to write this rule came from a law passed by Congress.

So, the Customer is “not” always right, in “Republican Land.”

Living proof that our current government does not represent us.
Anyone who votes republican and for those 12 democrats for allowing the banking industry to screw us while they get rich off our money, is a fool and a idiot…What kind of retard has no problem getting fleeced by the credit card and banking industry…

I have been asking people. What has Trump done to personally make your life better…What is so great about der-Fuhrer that he has enhanced your life to make it better than it was before he became president…Name one thing the republicans have backed or voted on to make everyone who is not rich a better life…I will tell NOT ONE THING.

So all you Trumpies are nothing but morons ,imbeciles,zealots,racist,fascists,bigots,hypocrites and retardz…You are enabling your own demise and dont even have enough sense to see it… Hey do you fuktards go inside when its raining? Or do do you look up in the sky and just scratch yer empty head in total bewilderment?