Home | About | Donate

Progressives 'Overjoyed' as John Bolton Leaves White House

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/10/progressives-overjoyed-john-bolton-leaves-white-house

1 Like

I don’t trust Yosemite John where I can’t see him. I’m not sure this is as good as it sounds at first

6 Likes

Ayuh. My ‘joy’ at this report is tempered by the awareness of who will name his replacement. These midstream cabinet and ‘advisor’ changes do not exactly boast a history of improving governance for anyone I know.

6 Likes

Mine too, but “confusion to the enemy” is almost never a bad thing, except by dumb luck.

4 Likes

Bolton will be all over the airwaves again soon, bloviating about all the wars we should start.

11 Likes

Bolton’s likely replacement, Charles Kupperman, is a fanatical neocon veteran tool of Frank Gaffney and the arms industry.

8 Likes

Wow, it took longer than I thought for the Donald to get tired of the hairy-lipped hater of all who are different from him.

1 Like

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

9 Likes

One down 100 to go

1 Like

Is Kupperman a dual US/Israeli citizen like so many in government, including Congress? Bolton is.

3 Likes

Bolton is a dual citizen? Link? Here’s Kupperman’s corner of the swamp:

3 Likes

Hopefully this will be the last of John Bolton’s dis-service to the government of the United States. The people of the United States and the world will be so much better off without his advice and lack of insight. We have a retirement home already prepared for him on a tropical caribbean island - it’s called Club Guantanamo.

6 Likes

Can it really get worse than Bolton? I doubt that.

2 Likes

Whatever Bolton was or is…we know his loyalties were not towards the welfare of the United States and its people.

4 Likes

Can’t confirm that Bolton has dual citizenship. On the other hand, few are more pro-Israel.

True.

ST, I never knew that about Bolton - not surprising though …

Mea culpa: I definitely could be wrong about Bolton.

Actually, it’s worth noting that Trump ran on calling the Iraq War “stupid.”

And that in firing Bolton, he’s making clear that he doesn’t like the idea of additional military entanglements. Trump is a crazy liar, but no new wars so far – which is fine by me.

As for Kupperman, he might want to keep a low profile. Heads keep rollin.’

3 Likes

They’re also reportedy considering this charming fellow…
https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article233054737.html

2 Likes