Home | About | Donate

Progressives Refuse to Back Down as DCCC Moves to Kneecap Primary Challengers

Progressives Refuse to Back Down as DCCC Moves to Kneecap Primary Challengers

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Progressives made clear they have no intention of backing down to the party establishment after the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee on Friday threatened to cut off funds to firms and strategists that support primary challengers against incumbents.

3 Likes

DCCC, DNC, DLC = Status Quo Corporatism

Fxck em!

25 Likes

I’d like to know where the DCCC is getting its funds. Who bought them. We know Clinton bought the DNC and used the States funds for Hillary.

19 Likes

These “Neo-Liberal Corporate” Democrats in name only, have no right to be in a party that they claim is Progressive.

19 Likes

What a worthless party, run by empty and corrupt nothings with no solutions and alternatives. If they and the other rotten party didn’t rig the system as they have, they would already be on the road to collapse. My god, how are the people in charge of the DCCC not embarrassed? How pathetic.

Let’s be clear, we have two right wing parties in this country. One of them just has a few non-right wingers sprinkled in. They’re surrounded by assholes.

38 Likes

There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party … and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt — until recently … and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties.
Gore Vidal

34 Likes

Pelosi. Schumer. WassermanSchultz. Feinstein. Durbin. Warren. Udall. Leahy. Manchin. You all have to go. Your day is done. Get out now!!! Go away!!! You are useless to the common people.

25 Likes

Con. Cuellar is a Texas first, ConservaDem. Since his district enters into San Antonio, where are the insider Castro Bros. on these new progressive challenges to this DCCC intra-party brinkmanship, regarding all ( national ) campaign contributions?
Why should a $2700 donation made by a Klobachur or Harris supporter in Minnesota end up in an incumbent’s GOTV pocket in S. Texas? Especially so if he votes with Trump 70% of the time, as Con. Cuellar does.
The Castro brothers should concern themselves with raising the standards for office in S. Texas, etc. among Democratic primary candidates, rather than just seeking to drag potential voters into Blue Dogland. Where’s the young and vital energy in that? Just climbing up the higher office ladder without exercising your local political muscle isn’t progressive leadership.
We must do better than this to climb out of the hole ConservaDems and Blue Dogs have dug for us across the U.S. Truman was right about one thing, " If you want to live like a Republican you got to vote like a ( progressive ) Democrat, nowdays. "

2 Likes

One for the oldsters

Are the DCCCistas Blue Cheer or Deep Purple fans?

1 Like

Another good reason to hate the establishment Demicratic Party.

11 Likes

I miss him terribly.

2 Likes

No progress for progressives until endless war killing and sanctions stop.

Offense is the best defense for those who are looking at a real world.

Cosmic powered biology manifest as human aligned with a vision of evolving scientific understanding could fail. On the other hand, unless something is done soon, humanity is guaranteed to fail.

Answer this; Why have democrats and republicans been allied over the past seventeen years to destroy Venezuela? Let us examine together that which frightens pirates in search of more free lunches.

What will empire do when the economy collapses. People know more jobs will just hasten unlivable environmental pollution but they need to support families. What will humanity do? Will we be ready to create a more perfect union out of the chaos we see around us now?

See the diagram organization chart in contents here;
https://www.autonomousdemocracy.org

5 Likes

With a freshly renewed House and a very winnable Senate the Democrats are positioned better than they have been in since Obama lost the Senate after two years of neoliberal capitulating to right wing demands. Obama had no change to believe in not a nickle to his name and Clinton vacuously offered more of the same. The DCCC has yet to get it. We do not want your corporately driven right wing candidates and if it takes the destruction of the planet’s ability to support an advanced civilization to drive home that point then so be it for a neoliberal will never substitute for a real Democrat!

16 Likes

I think that they feel a minor segment of the party are too aggressively progressive. Politifact would give them a partly true for this since some lefties are a bit strident in their tone but the progressive wing is a hell of a lot bigger than they think. Progressives need to be a coalition to be reckoned with and have a much larger say in what this party stands both for and against. Make no mistake just running against Trump’s dismal record isn’t gonna cut it. Its gotta be, Trump did almost everything wrong and here is how we can fix his gaffs and bad decisions.
PS, I never contribute to the party, just the candidate directly. With all the spam I get from them they are easy to find.

3 Likes

The policy would protect all Democratic incumbents, including progressives. It says so right in the article.

That said, I don’t understand how this policy would even work. A lot of local primary challengers probably aren’t pulling big DC consultants anyway, right? Seems stupid to me, but I may be missing something.

2 Likes

On Novmember 4th, 2020 and Donnie has been reelected, Democrats needs to remember this moment before starting to blame progressives who voted third party or stayed home again. You allowed your party to become this.

21 Likes

I believe most of the party is Status Quo all the way. Make no waves at all. Keep the system going. Collect a paycheck.

Now, with AOC, Omar, and others really speaking for the People, like very few have done, except for Bernie, who’s really an Independent, the party is getting to the point where they must sh!t or get off the pot.

Taking the party over or reform, is a pipe dream.

Too many powerful Dems want to keep things the way they are, even though they lie to you and me saying they want change.

There’ll be no money for them from the donors if they cross that line Courtenay.

Save your donations for local politicians or a true progressive National party.

7 Likes

We saw how the DCCC defrauded Sanders in the last primary and were outraged. If it does the same now to new up and comers, it will earn the undying enmity of the voters, Perhaps it is time to split the Party, the progressive wing vs the psuedo republican wing.

20 Likes

Really, what’s up with this? Let’s get the people we need into office, not oligarch puppets…

12 Likes

It’s the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, which is funded by caucus members. It exists to help members stay in office and help Democrats get elected. As the article points out, the policy is there to protect incumbents, progressive to centrist. Here’s the language on the vendor form:

The core mission of the DCCC is electing House Democrats, which includes supporting and protecting incumbents. To that end, the DCCC will not conduct business with, nor recommend to any of its targeted campaigns, any consultant that works with an opponent of a sitting Member of the House Democratic Caucus.

This is hardly an outrage, though I don’t really see how it will work. Campaigns are free to hire whatever vendors they want. How many local vendors involved in primary campaigns will be doing business with the DCCC? How many big campaign consulting firms are doing work in local districts for challengers?

2 Likes