Home | About | Donate

Progressives Say Kamala Harris Team 'Inventing Conspiracies' About Tulsi Gabbard Rather Than Addressing Critiques

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/01/progressives-say-kamala-harris-team-inventing-conspiracies-about-tulsi-gabbard

4 Likes

Here’s a pretty good summary from the NYT of Harris’ record as AG. It links to the death penalty case that Gabbard refers to. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opinion/kamala-harris-criminal-justice.html

8 Likes

Who is advising Harris? She has become just a whining shrew. Gabbard is just plain nice with enough courage to share. And who is advising some of these nit wits? The crew trashing Biden, don’t they realize that even if they manage to cost Biden some numbers, they won’t benefit? Booker? What a maroon as bugs would say. Only Democrats would try to capitalize on half an idea. I like Bennett and mayor Pete, and of course the two stand alone Bern and the Liz

5 Likes

Tulsi: You were a horrible prosecutor.

Kamala: Yeah? Well you have cooties!

25 Likes

Well if you like Sanders, you should know that ‘Mayor Pete’ is part of the establishment looking to stop him at all costs.

And you should really look into his record. He is against free college, against Medicare for All, is getting money from Wall Street, and is military intelligence. Seems odd that you could like Sanders and Warren and also ‘Mayor Pete’.

31 Likes

The return of full blown McCarthyism in the U.S. is something to behold.

24 Likes

“They” always attack the messenger, I can speak first hand to that if you’d like. Good luck Tulsi.

20 Likes

The reason Kamala Harris along with Joe Biden are the darlings of the DNC they are both super corrupt and additionally in Kamala’s case, do not forget all those California, electoral votes!

20 Likes

What’s wrong with this picture : the last few days, Harris has been made to look like a twit, but the media is still parroting that “Gabbard is a non-issue” or “Gabbard is bad,” no discussion, no reflection on the substance of her policies.

How is Harris’ response to Gabbard any less mature than the common response from the punditocracy (oooh, not the punditocracy!) who seem to be doing nothing but proclaiming themselves “in with the in crowd” for their conformist opinions?

“Dennis Kucinich, why are you even in this race?”

12 Likes

““Lets be clear,” tweeted Hasan, “Gabbard’s refusal to condemn Assad is awful and revealing…”” - so Hasan, along with so many others, has been sucking up the all-pervading US-led Western propaganda line about Assad. Assad - leader of the only essentially secular state in the Middle East, not to mention one of those aiming to dump the petrodollar. I wouldn’t pretend Assad is necessarily a saint - quite likely he’s a moderately normal human being - but, by god (?), look at the alternatives on offer - and shudder!

30 Likes

Tulsi is a good woman. Of color no less. Here’s a little of her record.
https://www.tulsigabbard.org/about

15 Likes

Are there actually people out there that will fall for this Russia Bot nonsense concerning Tulsi? Probably there are, lots of them, but it’s too depressing for me to even contemplate.
This country has become a loony bin.

23 Likes

Thank you
I was gearing up a similar response

2 Likes

Yes
Wouldnt the MSM dearly like the one candidate who wants ro pardon assange and snowden to dissappear

14 Likes

There are just tons of Russian bots out there…

13 Likes

Given Commondreams long standing blackout of the best candidate in my progressive lifetime, Tulsi Gabbard, I see this article mostly as a hit piece against her.
Or am I being paranoid?

7 Likes

Let’s cut to the chase: The Clinton-DNC does not like Tulsi Gabbard. Ever since she quit as DNC Vice-Chair to campaign for Bernie Sanders in 2016, she has been smeared and shunned. I don’t believe anything I read about Tulsi Gabbard unless her campaign verifies it.

30 Likes

Tulsi is absolutely right. Harris should be apologizing for the lives she ruined.

18 Likes

How is reporting that she is being smeared a hit piece?

2 Likes

Kamala Harris smeared a progressive way to her left to become AG of California.
She’s a straight up corporate tool.
And she can’t handle pressure because apparently she’s unprepared except to throw stones.
Thinking on her feet is a skill she doesn’t have.
Next.

27 Likes