Home | About | Donate

Progressives Urge Democratic Leaders to Fight Back Against '200 MPH Right-Wing War Machine' Targeting Ilhan Omar

That, would be priceless.

With a full assembly of Congress, and the press with cameras on.

Islamophobia Revealed.

0 Likes

We can now see the rot that has taken place in our Democracy… That is what happens to any Democracy that gives up its responsibility, (i.e. voting) or participation and a media and politics that is complicit.

0 Likes

The most care of all that politicians should take regarding 9/11 is to stick to “the script”, and never acknowledge there are gaping holes in that script. Just stating a fact here that it is absolutely politically unfeasible to imagine questioning “the script” would be anything other than political suicide.

The PC regarding 9/11 is a mighty force not to be reckoned with.

And so it goes.

1 Like

There are no Republicans and no Democrats. They are all one party. The party of War and the Deep State. It is their intention to keep us divided from one another. It’s so blatantly obvious.

1 Like

Trump has blown the doors off of political correctness, and to the extent Omar can do the same, I support her. Cuz, guess what: It is all about the Benjamins.

1 Like

I’ve thought about that of course but for whatever reason it doesn’t stick to him. I did say it was worth a try to push that tone deaf qoute from Trump about his building height, but that doesn’t change my view on how Democrats should act. Tulsi Gabbatd and Ro Khanna have been pushing the envelope and I credit Ro partly for the recent Yemen success (too bad it can’t survive a veto). They are perfect examples of what I’m looking for in a politician (besides having the right policy), calm, deliberative, and they usually navigate the waters pretty well.

If I’m wrong and Omar goes on to achieve great things, I’d be ecstatic because I like her policy. But I’m not seeing it as likely right now.

0 Likes

Okay, this black out is getting beyond sickening to just totally disgusting.

Niko shared her video. It’s impossible to find through Google. You’d think the entire media establishment besides a few alternative YouTubers want us to not know one Democratic candidate for the presidential nomination has the courage to speak out in support of Omar.

Of course it is Tulsi Gabbard. “Buh buh but that’s impossible. We all know from the smears that she’s an Islamophobe?” If you think that, you need to wake up and stop being led around by the ring in your nose by the plutocrats propaganda machine.

2 Likes

Did you actually hear/read her comments? That actual point of her statement, which was obvious to anyone who hadn’t already swallowed the misinformation hook, line, and sinker, was that all Muslims were being held to account for some people who did some stuff. It’s about the blanket blaming. The only people decrying tone deafness are the people who blamed all Muslims for what those Muslims did.

Way to miss the forest through the trees and let the haters define the context. Pathetic.

And you know what else was pathetic, waging war on two countries that had NOTHING to do with 9/11, rather than bombing Saudi Arabia back to the Stone Age. After, we were attacked by the Saudis on 9-11.

0 Likes

If we were going to bomb back to the Stone Age maybe we would’ve had to start with Number One Observatory Circle?

0 Likes

I’ve heard it several times (I’ve listened to the YouTube bloggers I support, even if I disagree with them this time: Jimmy Dore and Rational National).

I more or less stand by everything I’ve written here, to summarize:

1. I like Omar’s policies and want her to succeed, so my disappointment here is that I believe she is not going to succeed or not to the degree she should have.
  2. She apologized for comments related to AIPAC or Israel pledges required for work (I don’t think she had to, though I don’t fault her for it), and I think she is making a mistake not apologizing here.
  3. Sure, Trump is worse. I don’t get it, but complaining about that doesn’t help move the progressive ball forward.
  4. I can’t successfully defend her to the conservative crowd I work with - I guess this doesn’t matter as none of us live in MN.

If I were her, here’s the apology I would give:

(pretend quote here)
Last month I spoke at a CAIR event and tried to make a point on the discrimination Muslims face for 9-11 even though we aren’t responsible. I feel my quote was taken out of context, but I understand some people were offended and for that I’m sorry. If I could go back and rephrase my words, I would say exactly the same thing, but add a few qualifying words so that people understand I wasn’t trying to minimize 9-11. What I said was:

“CAIR was founded after 9/11, because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.” (Note: I got the founding date wrong - CAIR was founded in 1994 - it’s membership went way up after 9-11 which was the source of my confusion).

And here is what I would say now:

Membership in CAIR after 9-11 grew because some people who I claim are not true Muslims did something horrendous that we would never condone and yet all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.

If she had been a more careful politician, she would have said this in the first place. Maybe she’ll be more careful next time. Hopefully she has lots of next times.

0 Likes