Home | About | Donate

Prominent US Human Rights Campaigners Denied Entry to Israel

Prominent US Human Rights Campaigners Denied Entry to Israel

Jon Queally, staff writer

The executive director and board chair of a prominent U.S. human rights group were denied entry by the Israeli government on Monday—detained at the international airport in Tel Aviv for hours of questioning and delay before being put back on a plane out of the country.

I suspect this will only stop when we stop allowing Israeli human rights abusers into this country.

Netanyahu was held suspect in the assassination of Isaac Rabin, PM who
was assassinated in his renewed attempts for peace which have long been
supported by citizens of Israel. Time and again their calls for peace are buried.

BDS! BDS! BDS!

Then…BDS some more!

BDS is racist. Racists treat people as members of a group rather than as individuals.
BDS says "I don’t care if you’re innocent or guilty, good or bad, if you’re an Israeli, I will make you suffer!

The 18 worst countries for human rights in 2017 were Syria, North Korea, South Sudan, Somalia, Central African Republic, Libya, Yemen, China, Burundi, DR Congo, Afghanistan, Burma, Pakistan, Lebanon, Mali, Nigeria, Ukraine & Mexico.

Why is there BDS against Israel, but no BDS against the 18 worst?

Well, for one thing, most of the 18 countries you list above have been destabilized by the US,
either directly or indirectly.

For another, Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians–especially in the world’s largest open-air prison that is Gaza–tells me and most of the world that Israel should have been included in
your list above. The fact that they were not, indicates that they are held to a different standard,
just as they are with their illegal nuclear weapons.

Lastly, I do not blame the Israeli people as a group. It is their government that is the problem. If there are going to be sanctions against Iran, Syria, North Korea, Russia,
Venezuela and others…Israel and its US enabler deserve a few as well.

An embargo by US will end it

How is being destabilized by the US relevant?

Gaza is not a prison. Palestinians can leave. However, because they will be traveling through Israel there will be delays, sometimes long delays, so Israel can check if the Palestinian is a security risk.

Why aren’t you blaming Egypt which blocks Gazans from leaving Gaza through Egypt?
Also, why aren’t you blaming Egypt for its treatment of the Palestinians in Gaza? Israel delivers over 800 truckloads of food & supplies every day. Egypt delivers nothing.

Evidence that Israel’s nukes are illegal?

What about sanctions against the Palestinians?

Palestinians have been oppressing Jews for centuries.

In 1839, the British consul, William Young, said that the poor Jew in Jerusalem…lives from day to day in terror of his life…Young attributed the plight of the Jew in Jerusalem to “the blind hatred and ignorant prejudice of a fanatical populace,”

JEWS IN JERUSALEM.
New York Times December 29, 1878
Crowded together in the worst lodgings, or in the dark cellars under a synagogue building, without food, fuel, or water –even water at Jerusalem being a commodity of price – numbers died of starvation and various diseases, while others went raving mad. Those who could labor were denied employment by the bigotry of the Mussulmans and of the Oriental Christians.

Notice the date. This was before the first Zionists arrived in Palestine. Notice the word bigotry.

and now Palestinians oppress Israelis

Running over Israelis is oppression.
Stabbing Israelis is oppression.
Shooting Israelis is oppression.
Firing rockets at Israelis is oppression.
Blowing up Israelis is oppression.
Throwing rocks at Israelis is oppression.