Home | About | Donate

Proposal by France's Macron to Ban "Fake News" Denounced as Recipe for Disaster

Proposal by France's Macron to Ban "Fake News" Denounced as Recipe for Disaster

Jon Queally, staff writer

Calling the term one ripe for "abuse," a warning that French president is "sexploiting it to obtain government control over the internet"

Fake News: News I disagree with.

There are over 7 Billion, with a capital B, perceptions of reality and what reality means. My fake is different than your fake because there is a degree of truth within every lie. DUH!

No.

First the Democrats blamed their election loss on “fake news.” Then Obama used it as his excuse to create the US Ministry of Propaganda (or whatever they ended up calling it) and to launch a war against independent journalism and alternative media.

Then Trump appropriated the term, and from there I agree with most of Mr. Greenwald’s analysis.

The “fake news” mania was a Democrat creation, though the MSAM (mainstream alternative media… Greenwald, Colbert, CD et al) would have us associate the term with Trump exclusively, which is - for lack of a better term - “fake news.”

I like this guy, and understand that he had to respond to a lot of campaign dishonesty, but I agree this would cause more harm than good. Jeff is right as usual. Like the commercial, no matter how often they call an apple a banana, it is up to us to remind people that it is an apple, facts matter.

Another smooth-talking supposed moderate-centrist advocating extreme oppression.