Home | About | Donate

Protectors of Mauna Kea Are Fighting Colonialism, Not Science

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/27/protectors-mauna-kea-are-fighting-colonialism-not-science

2 Likes

Look at the pics. The only trampling of the flora is by all the oil leaking hillbilly Hawaiian pickup trucks. These ‘Make Hawaii Great Again’ idiots are using single use plastics, parking and leaking oil all over the pavement and ground, putting up plastic tents, chaining their elders to cattle grates. This small group of the Native Hawaiian’s are Hawaii’s equivalent of West Virginia Trump supporters. Even wearing Trump red! The only thing missing are the MHiGA hats! This isn’t about colonization, that’s settled law in the US and Internationally. TMT is a call from the world for Hawaii to participate and in doing so, the TMT has already donated $5,000,000 to the Pauahi Fund (for Native Hawaiian education) and have agreed to donate $1,000,000 to the fund for every year of operation. These idiots are fighting against educating their own Keike (children)! It’s that stupid. This isn’t a US project, it’s not a white Haole project, it’s a WORLD project.

The ONLY way for Hawaii to become an independent nation again is moving forward, not looking backward. That ship sailed in 1959. Educate your children (Hawaii, the place with the first public school before any US place west of the Mississippi, is now 38th (12th worst) State in education!). Then secede. That’s the ONLY way, but it will take well educated Hawaiian Statesmen, not hillbilly Hawaiians.

If you want to fight unmitigated industrial growth, there are
plenty of true examples which will do great harm.
People are already fighting them, and could use your help.
Please don’t scapegoat a telescope as a stand-in for them.

No. Hawai’i was not Colonized. The problem is much worse than that. See Hawai’i was an established internationally recognized nation since 1843. You cannot colonize a country already in the Family of Nation’s, you can only occupy it. Hawai’i isn’t a colonized island, it’s an occupied nation, which is the issue because prior to the Queen’s overthrow she had a multi ethnic nation of loyal subjects. The lands Mauna Kea leases to the university, were never ceeded to the United States by a treaty of session. Infact, Hawai’i is the only “State” without a treaty of peace or purchase ceeding territory to the union. Hawai’i just has a joint resolution, a bill, a domestic US law passed during the Spanish American War… In 1988 lawyers decided it was unclear how Hawai’i was constitutionally aquired by a joint resolution. Ever since that rediscovery, in 1993 America through the apology bill has been trying to paint Hawai’i as an indigionous issue, apologizing only to natives of Hawai’i… And minimizing the US envolvment of destabilizing and occupying a friendly multi ethnic nation of neutrality the Hawaiian Kingdom. Which is much worse. So I ask anyone how can you colonize a nation, when by the time the US showed up, it was already a nation with a higher literacy rate, universal sufferage, compulsory education, electricity and plumbing in Iolani before the White house, and a legislative, executive and judicial form of government?

They want us to forget Hawai’i was a country to minimize US responsibility to the War Crimes it committed of denationalization. No Hawai’i was never Colonized by America. It was invaded and still remains illegally occupied.

It’s no different than what Iraq did in Kwait in 2003. Accept it was America supporting puppet provisional, republic and territorial governments then proposing Annexation. But America’s attempts at securing treaties of Annexation failed twice in 1893 and 1897 when President Grover Cleveland pulled the bill for consideration, and in 1897 when Congress couldn’t ratify a 2/3s vote after a petition of Hawaiian Subjects against annexation was presented on the floor by Queen Liliu’okalani.

So yeah… If you want to return Hawai’i to how it was prior to American envolvment in 1893, it would be much like a Switzerland in the Pacific, a multi ethnic, nation of neutrality. Not a colonized indigionous only nation. I can prove Hawai’i was never colonized by America. Commercialized and occupied… But never Colonized.