Home | About | Donate

Protest Isn’t Civil

Protest Isn’t Civil

Vann R. Newkirk

Lexington, Virginia, is a city where history radiates like hot air shimmering over blacktop. Nestled in the Shenandoah Valley, the town’s namesake is the site where Massachusetts patriots first gave their blood in battle against the British. The area’s institutional heart, Washington and Lee University, is named after Virginia’s two best-known sons, one who created the Union, and the other who fought to destroy it. The bones of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson rest in Lexington, perhaps as reminders that the country continues fighting their war.

Fuck Civilty!

Our freedoms and rights are being threatened.

Protest till you puke. And then protest some more.

Exactly. Here’s an example of civility and cowardice from MoveOn.org in terms of immigration protests on immigration this weekend:

By choosing to attend this event, you are committing to participate nonviolently and in accordance with the law, to work to de-escalate confrontations with others, and to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and of law enforcement that ensure the safety of everyone at these events. You also acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any injury or damage to your person or property resulting from or occurring during this event, and that you release MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action (and their officers, directors, employees, and agents) from any liability for that injury or damage.

PB: puking is a great relief for the inertia of perpetual nausea that has overtaken “the left” in this nation. Thanks and

Solidarity!

TJ,

Will you visit me in the “Big House?”

We’ll see who they take down first. Or maybe the goddesses will intervene at some point and all this will be moot. When I’m not nauseous at the state of affairs, or puking in disgust or growing a garden/cooking, I’m beginning to realize aging is not nice and can make you tired, despite healthy living, etc. So then it’s tekillya and bullshit. How that for a hard-hitting political treatise?

Clucking tongues in time with bashing heads

-British merchant ships thought it very inappropriate for colonists to seize the tea on their ships and dump it in the harbor…so did the British government.

• Clearly Winston Churchill and Sir Edward Grey were taken aback when Christabel Pankhurst and Annie Kenney interrupted a political meeting to ask if they believed women should have the right to vote. Neither liberal politician answered.

-While civil rights protesters quietly took seats at lunch counters they knew the more appropriate behavior expected of them was to stay away.

As Dr. King wrote from his Birmingham jail cell: “Actually, we who engage in non-violent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with.”

Keep bringing the tension to the surface.

I’m a pacifist leftist. I think violence is playing into the hands with power.

Criticisms need to be addressed.
http://theconservativecartel.com/leftist-anti-trump-soros-funded-groups-join-open-borders-protests/
A call for violence on one side will certainly be met will a call for violence on the other side.

The issues raised in this article need to be addressed.

I refuse to be civil to any person who is engaged in dismantling my America, erasing 100 years of environmental, civil, and social progress. These S.O.B.'s are trying to seize control of women’s bodies by controlling their uteruses, thereby consigning them to slavery, in violation of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. I will fight them to my last breath, and it won’t be pretty!

Amen to that. Me too. Time for more civil disobedience.Change has never come peacefully or by adhering to the status quo. Time to piss a few people off…