Home | About | Donate

Protesters Rally Against US Marine Base in Okinawa: 'Killer Go Home'

Protesters Rally Against US Marine Base in Okinawa: 'Killer Go Home'

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Thousands of people held protests over the weekend in front of a U.S. Marine base in Okinawa, Japan in response to the suspected rape and killing of 20-year-old Rina Shimabukuro by an American former sailor.

Roughly 2,000 people attended the protest organized by dozens of women's rights groups based on the island, where more than two-thirds of U.S. bases in Japan are located. They rallied outside the front gates of the Marine Corps headquarters at Camp Foster, holding signs that read, "Never forgive Marine's rape," "Killer go home," and "Withdraw all U.S. forces from Okinawa."

Close all bases? Not only in Okinawa but how about all the other estimated 1000 US bases that support the world wide Amerikan Empire! Of course, never going to happen and only a wishful thinking a Common Dreams pipe dream!

Why? Because the Amerikan Empire cannot exist without enemies. Enemies are the raison D' etre for the world wide hubris and hegemony of Amerikan Empire.

Chomsky claimed the Fourth Estate manufactures consent for aggressive and offensive wars in order to protect the canard that these are defensive wars in order to protect the American people from its enemies, but what they leave out is what they mean by the American people! Not you and me and the average American, but the oligarchy and plutocracy. Their world wide vested interests, which includes the MICC and its trillion $ budget.

Just like Chomsky said that the Fourth Estate manufactures consent and are cheerleaders for offensive world wide wars; the Fourth Reich manufactures enemies in order to supply its armed forces to protect the vested interests of the .01%.

Like any business, the war business needs a way to manufacture a demand in order to supply its trillion $ war products business: and what is it that supplies that demand...ENEMIES! General Butler had it correct: WAR IS A RACKET! I would add, probably the best racket ever devised by man to con the masses.

They would be deemed terrorists were they to do so and pundits and politicans would claim "they want to drive us into the sea and deny our right to exist".

Yep I know all that. I just point out the Government will label them as terrorists when it suits them.