Home | About | Donate

Protests Against Money in Politics Hold Little Interest for Beltway’s ‘Political Junkies’

Protests Against Money in Politics Hold Little Interest for Beltway’s ‘Political Junkies’

Janine Jackson

More than 400 people were arrested in a non-violent sit-in on Capitol Hill April 11, many having marched 150 miles from the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. The protest, called Democracy Spring, is about ending the influence of big money in politics and ensuring free, fair elections through things like restoring the Voting Rights Act. The next day, another 85 mostly elderly people were arrested, many chanting, Democracy is not for sale, [we’re] not too old to go to jail.”

Bumper sticker insight:

Corporate media = Very Rich People paying Rich People to tell the Middle Class to blame the Poor.

Nice!

I guess Fabian was off today? Usually this is HIS line.

Strange comment. I know Fabian expresses a lot of concern for the poor. Is that a bad thing? Is it if I do?

?????

Courage, blueseahorse. There will always be those who will tell them. (All least until we're all gone...)

But then he wouldn't have a bumper sticker - just a sticker. :laughing:

Maybe it is not DC where we need to be but in their faces in at DC bureau headquarters and NYE headquarters and Wall Street. Maybe the chant needs to be break up the failed media conglomerates.

Pull the plug on your T.V. It is an obsolete medium founded on lies and obfuscation. Go to Bernie 2016 T.V. on you tube. All the Bernie rallies are archived.