Home | About | Donate

Proving Revolution Has Roots, Vast Majority of Dems Back Major Sanders Role

If anything, Sanders is showing that he is Presidential Material!

"Two-thirds of respondents to the Reuters/Ipsos poll also said Sanders should endorse Clinton."

Two-thirds seems like an unusually high number to me...

me too.

I want Bernie for President, not VP. If HRC is the nominee, then I want Rep. Keith Ellison as her running mate. I still won't vote for her but he would send the strongest message that Muslims are not going away.

"We are taking this campaign and our ideas for a strong platform to transform the Democratic Party..."

As Gary Snyder said long ago, "Generals' wives / painting nail polish / on the gunship cannon-buttons". The Dem party is at absolute best a very temporary crutch to possibly get a "progressive" like Sanders into the presidency. Anyone who thinks there's a progressive future in the two-party system is out to lunch. It's crucial to develop more parties, and to do everything we can to institute ranked-choice (or other, more inclusive forms of) voting, so we can move toward a genuinely pluralistic electoral process.

"Two thirds" say Sanders as Clinton's vice president; Sanders should endorse Clinton?! Are you f*cking kidding me?!

It's going to be a punch in the gut when Bernie endorses hillary. The corporate democrats better make some major concessions or I'm done with Bernie also. The Democratic party no longer represents the people that much is clear, watching Warren endorse her was a clear case of mutiny. Starting to think this revolution was a red herring, just enough to give the awaken hope. Just a little hope for us to continue to believe in the system. My hope is sinking like the titanic #DumpDems. The way I see it Wolf Pac is our only hope left.... http://www.wolf-pac.com/

Let the Convention begin:

Journey's end, the only mess.

With the office of vice president being first in the line of presidential succession, Wall Street and the other convention sponsors are not going to allow the Democratic Party to put Sanders, Warren or anybody else on the ticket who has not delivered for Wall Street and its corporate cronies.

... try endorses.

Sanders supporters would accept his decision not to go green or run as an independent, but they would never forgive him if he gave his support to Hillary Clinton. Most of Bernie's supporters are not going to vote for Clinton no matter what Bernie does. I don't care what pols or the media tells us.Hillary is never going to be elected President.

First off, the results of the CA primary are very much in doubt along with the delegate count.The contest was manipulated from the giddyup and the full and accurate results STILL have not been counted/published!

Second as Joe Stalin said about votes and who counts them, the results of any "poll" can be manipulated given any potential bias or agenda of the poll-taker - "two-thirds" of respondents saying Sanders should endorse Clinton case in point and highly suspect - the support for Sanders among the Dem "base" and independents is massive!

Sanders should not endorse a political creature with near zero moral compass or end the campaign for a radical political revolution in the US and Democratic Party or build a new party if the entrenched establishment Dem corporate war whores cannot be removed from power.

The issues Sanders and the millions who support him and them will not "compromise"/capitulate on issues that must be central to our fight.

IF Clinton will not commit to specific goals/issues and specific actions out of her own mouth, with NO equivocation, smarmy deceit, or waffling BS, Sanders has zero reason to endorse her and his future direction in this election is his to command - free of ANY supposed commitment Bernie might have made to the DNC in good-faith in the past - a concept Clinton and the DNC cabal do not understand or believe-in!

Out of Bernie's own mouth - "And after we have that kind of discussion and after we can determine whether or not we are going to have a strong and progressive platform, I will be able to make other decisions."

me too

Yes, that's what bothered me about when I worked with the Kucinich campaign. Both he and Bernie have too much hope still on saving the dying Democratic party, I felt. They would do better to ditch it and give up that dream.

Not if it's an all Democratic base they are polling. Poll independents and I think you would see a far different number.

The faces tell it all. Observe the faces in the picture, they are sad faces.

I understand your anger here, as long as you don't turn your back on the Political Revolution he started.

I like your thought for VP and even though I still would not vote for the H, it would be a big F you to Trump in the general.

"And after we have that kind of discussion and after we can determine whether or not we are going to have a strong and progressive platform, I will be able to make other decisions."

I can't believe Bernie will endorse Clinton. He isn't stupid; he knows she won't and can't agree to the goals he has set forth. Even with all of her supposed leftward movement, she hasn't actually completely agreed with anything he has said. In some respects, she is already shifting back to the right.

I have to believe Bernie has a plan.

Knock it off--it's getting old! We get the gist of the comment. Your comment yesterday proves you are guilty of the same spelling errors...

...try "than own up."