Home | About | Donate

Provoking Trump's Ire, Mexico Once Again Says It Will Not Pay for Border Wall

Provoking Trump's Ire, Mexico Once Again Says It Will Not Pay for Border Wall

Nika Knight, staff writer

Mexico President Enrique Peña Nieto on Wednesday once again asserted that Mexicans will not pay for President Donald Trump's border wall between the U.S. and Mexico—and Trump responded with a series of aggressive tweets challenging Nieto to cancel an upcoming meeting between the two leaders.

The madness of this idiot (and his danger) on issue after issue, like disrespecting and ignoring our trade and historic relationship with Mexico, will become more and more apparent to more and more people of all political stripes as the days of his extremist stupidity roll-on. Racist policy is not in America's interest!

The current Democratic Party establishment largely responsible for trumps "win" don't have the integrity, wisdom, or common sense to become a true opposition party - that's shown clearly by Schumer, Pelosi, Booker, et al, and its now up to the rank and file and any insiders with any moxie to demand the radical changes in policy and leadership necessary!

I don't think there is much or any real hope for that change as the entrenched failures will not acknowledge their complicity or betrayals or step-aside for those who have the wisdom and strength to reform!

Either change utterly or wither and die.............

This 2010 study, published by the International Community Foundation (and also supported by other sources) reveals some amazing facts about immigration/retirement among baby boomers to Mexico. My husband and I plan to begin semi-retirement there soon: six months working in the US, six months off in Mexico's Baja, and vastly reducing our carbon footprint doing it. There are millions of USAmericans heading into Mexico, taking their money with them. It won't be long before younger USAmericans realize how well and how cheaply they can live in Mexico as well. With the Internet, they can make a living anywhere, and the country is ripe for community enterprise and organization that US dollars can help along. The question becomes: Is that wall American taxpayers were always going to pay for, to keep us in or our Mexican neighbors out, or both? Apparently Canada gets a pass, or are they next?

Well, it didn't take long for Nieto to get Trump to bang his spoon on his high chair. I guess this will be today's side show diversion. Wonder what damage they'll be doing while everyone talks about this?

9/11, we had the "Reichstag Putsch in NYC" --

and now we have the "Berlin Wall" in Mexico --

Anyone noticing that it also walls in all Americans?

We can't forget that Trump is actually beating the drums of division. The more he spews his tripe on twitter, the more the rah-rah-team mentality surges among his supporters. He's selling total disregard for facts of any kind, the news media (who brought it on themselves), history, the future, academia, the arts, humanity itself--and folks are buying it.

Finally the media is paying attention and stepping up. Will it be too little too late? The Fourth Estate has been reporting alt-facts for decades now as it grew more and more corporatist, so it will be a tough row to hoe getting back their integrity. To Trump supporters, tweets from the Donald are the news. For everybody else it's still imperative to question everything the media and Trump say, and go with your gut.

Count on the wall costing a whole lot more than that. Salesman always bait the consumer with a low figure and then jump it up as soon as the consumer is unaware. Then there will be the yearly costs of maintaining the wall. How much will that cost? I bet trump has no idea and won't even be willing to discuss it.

My thought also.

Of course, if you really wanted to protect American jobs from illegal immigrants, then you
would simply establish what other nations have -- an immediate Social Security number check.

I agree. The Democratic party is not the opposition party, they are the fake opposition war party. It is so corrupt, that in my opinion, it is beyond reformation. Bernie proved that once and for all!

Perhaps we should just give the "wall" money to Mexico as humanitarian/economic aid, and give our Mexican neighbors a reason to remain in Mexico. MIT calculates the cost of Trump's wall to be $38 billion. No small wonder Mexico refuses to pay for it. The country's GDP for 2015 was under $1200 Billion (US), and illegal US entry has been decreasing steadily for years as Mexico's economic outlook improved.

Another thing that would help Mexico is ending the stupid and incredibly costly War on Drugs, which has turned out to be nothing more than corruption writ large. From Open Societies Foundation: The Economics of the Drug War: Unaccounted Costs, Lost Lives, Missed Opportunities (pdf)

The 'Mouth on a Neck' will have to build his wall, at any cost. He may threaten Mexico with cutting off their imports, and in so doing, wrest some funding from them. More likely, in the end, We the People will have to pay for it.

My prediction is that Mexico will probably withdraw its ambassador by the end of March, and Canada is going to cut staff in that huge Pennsylvania Ave embassy while it engages is some serious thought as to how to reign in the dangers of Trump.

I lived and worked in Mexico, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, Puerta Vallarta, and Cancun. And ment a lot of Americans who have retired there because they are able to live comfortably on their retirement incomes.

You had me at, "I agree". Now folks is the time to coalesce around a party that puts People, Planet, and Peace before Profit. Say what you will but anything short of this is either Tyranny or Slavery to the Corporations. You choose. Proven Corruption, or, Authentic Integrity.

Agree -- but why then is Bernie continuing on with Dems --
and why are Bernie Dems continuing to try to resurrect the Dem Party?
Both of these parties have been game-playing for at least the last 30 years
with the right wing in control of both parties -- from Koch Bros. and other
large corporations holding power over both, John Birch Society and ...
We have what started also as a side issue of pedophilia blackmail of our
representatives, but also looking like it might be much more than that.

I'm reading Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian whose primary character, Judge Holden, is a 7-ft malevolent mass who Harold Bloom calls "a frightening manifestation . . .a kind of human Moby Dick . . .who has all languages, all knowledges, and who preaches endlessly the theology of violence and war, and who is still alive and dancing and fiddling and proclaiming that he will never die".

Towering over them all is the judge and he is naked dancing, his small feet lively and quick and now in doubletime and bowing to the ladies, huge and pale and hairless, like an enormous infant. He never sleeps, he says. He says he’ll never die. He bows to the fiddlers and sashays backwards and throws back his head and laughs deep in his throat and he is a great favorite, the judge. He wafts his hat and the lunar dome of his skull passes palely under the lamps and he swings about and takes possession of one of the fiddles and he pirouettes and makes a pass, two passes, dancing and fiddling all at once. His feet are light and nimble. He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and in shadow and he is a great favorite. He never sleeps, the judge. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.

The masters of the current economy want undocumented workers, or any number of actions could and would have been instituted. The politics of the hardrightliners requires scapegoating so we now have illegal immigrants, as if that's some kind of criminal offense, and we have angry white people blaming them for the woes brought on by the hardliners economic policies in the first place. On one side our robber barons and politicians actually want undocumented labor and the other side, are angry white people wanting to stop illegal immigration, and who elected the fools in the first place. Downright Orwellian. We're getting this stupid wall because those people who are supposed to be governing just kicked the can down the road, until Donald Trump seized the moment.

Yes, a party for the planet; of the people; for the people; and by the people. WAIT! Didn't I read that somewhere!

Good for Nieto. They shouldn't have to pay for no freakin' wall. Glad he stood up to the narcissist-in-chief.