Home | About | Donate

"Psychopath's Trade War": Critics Denounce Reckless Trump Tariffs on Mexico, EU, and Canada

"Psychopath's Trade War": Critics Denounce Reckless Trump Tariffs on Mexico, EU, and Canada

Jon Queally, staff writer

"His is a psychopath's trade war," writes Columbia University economist Jeffery Sachs in a scathing op-ed condemning as "insane" President Donald Trump's decision this week to slap steel and aluminum export tariffs on the European Union, Mexico, and Canada.

My eyesight isn’t the best so perhaps those red ball caps Trump and his bots wear actually read MAKE CHINA GREAT AGAIN ?

We don’t like Canada because Canada makes us look like Mexico.

Somebody PLEASE have that insane fucker committed…STAT!!!

Seriously: When is a psychiatrist going to step in and have the bass turd put away before what’s left of our country and status in the world is COMPLETELY in the shitter???!!!

“Follow the Money”

Investigate who will profit the most from this trade war, and, dollars to doughnuts, the current administration’s protected theives, will rise to the top.

In a nutshell…Contrary to organized crime being characterized as the “underworld” organized crime in Trump’s Murka is firmly planted in the White House, US Capitol and SCOTUS.

Professor Sachs is right on target in his Op Ed, speaking these truths!

"The US has probably never before had a delusional President, one who speaks gibberish, insults those around him including his closest associates, and baffles the world. By instinct, we strive to make sense of Trump’s nonsense, implicitly assuming some hidden strategy. There is none - Trump is just mentally unstable and narcissistic"

“Global agreements and rules are ripped to shreds. Trump’s garbled syntax and disorganized thoughts are impossible to follow.”

"The real answer to Trump’s trade (and other) policies is the 25th Amendment. Trump is unwell and unfit to be President. He is a growing threat to the nation and the world.

The emperor had no clothes. This President has no sense.” - Professor Sachs speaks the obvious truth!

The reality seems to be trump has no “plan”, common sense, decency, empathy or ordinary thought/concern about others.His entire life he has been a spoiled bully and thrived on his power over others, male and female, this is just a larger stage…one with grave consequences - a very fitting descriptive term…

I don’t think trump can come up with these mad actions himself, he just isn’t that bright or inventive…to put it mildly, with the vocabulary of a marsupial and the brilliance of a bag-o-hammers.

He does have depraved idiot evil advisers and grants access to various power brokers and lobbyists that fit with his controlling nature. The ones that can appeal to, or stroke, his malignant narcissism, ego, or money/greed-driven pathology with some fantastic rubbish or scheme, regardless how destructive, he adopts & caters to.- mental and malleable - a little from column A, and a little from Column B

Prof. Sachs entire Op Ed is well worth the read, and thanks to John Queally!

Moscow is profiting from each of these moves. More proof.

Got links for your so-called “proof”?
No…I am NOT pro-Dumbf! I am just sick and tired of all the Russian innuendo.

"The US has probably never before had a delusional President, one who speaks gibberish, insults those around him including his closest associates, and baffles the world. By instinct, we strive to make sense of Trump’s nonsense, implicitly assuming some hidden strategy. There is none." —Jeffery Sachs, Columbia University

Sanders: "It simply makes no sense to start a trade war with Canada, the European Union and others who are engaged in fair trade, are not cheating and where workers are paid a living wage with good benefits," argued Sanders.

Except, if you want to do harm to workers earning a living wage with good benefits …
then THIS is what you do.

In violation of treaties?

US has always held to itself the right to rip up treaties – whether with the native American
or involving weapons – or trade.

And, why not address the insanity and delusional behavior of this President.
Are we still trying to impeach him, or put him in jail? I’m for the latter.
Preferably legal action which shows the criminal nature of his entire administration.

“Preferably legal action which shows the criminal nature of his entire administration.”

This would be the best way to go, as it could be then used for all of them.

My take is Trump, or those who associate and identify with his form of business deals ( money making schemes ) like Hannity on Fox News, does have a method to his seeming madness.
First, recall Trump bragged about taking advantage of the collapse in the housing and real estate bubble of 2008-2012, during the Republican primary? ( He even boasted of this feat as part of his magnificent business acumen ). Well, this could happen again and a similar scenario reappear. Trumpinomics on a gov’t fed ponzi scheme, of sorts, where the money boys of his ilk swoop in and pick up choice property at .60 cents on the dollar. ( " Nice work if you can get it, and you can get it if you try " ). This fits in guite nicely with the vulture capitalists and kleptocrats Trump admires and hangs out with.
Besides, the rules of the game are already tilted in favor of this type of organized and legal theft.
After all, the next Democratic President won’t prosecute you, as recent history proves how these scams play out in the halls of Congress and board rooms in Manhattan’s version of Mar-a-Lago.
No, Mr. Sachs, Trump and his kind want it all. They want " to be a part of it, top of the heap " and you cannot put anything out of the realm of possibilities in our dystopian and gilded brothel.
" Is this a great country, or what? " Bill Blazajowski.

I’m hoping this wakes up some of his dumbass supporters (voters), but I won’t hold my breath.

The GOP have long been the destroyers –

And joined now by the Koch Bros. Dem Party –

We have no way to hold criminal legislators responsible for their destructive
decisions/legislation than Puerto Rican citizens have to hold their officials
responsible for their debt which has now been sold off to private interests –
where “austerity” becomes the way to collect.

This becomes true when two parties which are owned by the same Koch Bros.
and other large corporations control our entire government – and DOJ.

Do we really think that Koch Bros. 2016 $40 million in the campaign has nothing
to do with bailouts for the coal industry?

Or have we begun to worry about what Koch Bros. $400 million in the next round
will get in the way of their “wish list”?

Apologies – but I have to ask …

"How is anyone interpreting the guy with the orange/Trump hat on and
‘thumbs down’?

Fine. I’d rather be considered a “comrade” than a GREED CAPITALIST !

Definition of comrade
1 a : an intimate friend or associate : companion

Mmmmm…maybe he is an idiot or just another Bozo who got duped by a shitty election system based on lies/promises that are quickly shifted AFTER the election?

We don’t like Canada NOW, because they just took over Kinder Morgan with government dollars, and they will pollute happily and make American an even more oily land. : (

Good to hear it, ReconFire! We need you in the fight to expose all the horse shit. Of course, with the horse shit stacked so high, it is probably viewable by the inhabitants of Pluto!

We have witnessed the ridiculous cabinet Trump has assembled. Environmental rapists, polluters, etc. These appointments will serve Trump and his cronies for many years after Trump is gone. Sadly we have very little information about the other people influencing Trump’s plans that involve money. The backroom crowd. Hopefully Mueller knows about these under-the-carpet dealings in depth, and we can finally separate the facts from fiction.

As far as the Russia connections go, since Trump is now playing out the pardon game, I think Trump should be eased up on, and all those who thought they were going to get a pass from Mueller should be prosecuted to the max, not given bullshit sentences. When America sees the amount of time these crooks have to serve, Trump’s ability to pardon will be diminished. G