Home | About | Donate

Public Cynicism Enables Costly Political Hypocrisy

Public Cynicism Enables Costly Political Hypocrisy

Ralph Nader

Beware of crony capitalism – it turns politicians against the taxpayers they allegedly represent in favor of unaccountable corporate interests.

From the article:

"Professor Art Rolnick of the University of Minnesota went so far as to call Amazon’s bidding wars “‘blackmail.’”

I agree with the sentiment, but would go so far as to call it extortion, as in, “Give me your money or the kitten catches a bullet.”

With that said, any decent contract would include a “claw-back” provision, which would require the repayment of all taxpayer funds if the promised jobs failed to appear.

Ralph, who I greatly admire and who I voted for, is standing this one on its head. The problem is that the hypocrisy of the Dem wing of the Duopoly and the "liberal"media - especially social media - have created and reinforced public cynicism and apathy. It’s curious that Nader, who brought the word “Duopoly” into the public mainstream still won’t totally reject capitalism and “markets” which are inherently anti-democratic and downright evil.

Nader could now be seen as a bellwether, i.e., he doesn’t throw up his hands and move to a more civilized country. His apparent willingness to go down with the ship could be seen as a positive indication for the rest of us.

TJ1: Indeed…inherently anti-democratic, just like Don and his “administration.”

“Beware of crony capitalism – it turns politicians against the taxpayers they allegedly represent in favor of unaccountable corporate interests”

I watched the Rolling Stone Magazine documentary last night. Bill Clinton appeared, angry because his progressive supporters, the left, were disloyal and ungrateful, as well as miserly with kudos and donations. Those are likely reasons for his moving to the right.

Most politicians on the left feel unappreciated. It makes them turn to nice Wall Street bribery.

FIRE THE POLITICIANS!
Direct Democracy

I suggest that American states and cities form a union
so that businesses can’t play one against the other to bid them down.

See https://stallman.org/articles/states-union.html.