Home | About | Donate

Public Money to Plunder the Planet: Development Banks Fund Big Meat and Dairy

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/27/public-money-plunder-planet-development-banks-fund-big-meat-and-dairy

1 Like

This fine article is a keeper. Great overview to build with.

1 Like

Several articles by Ellen Brown on CD over the years advocating each US state have a state bank like North Dakota has had for many years, is also part of the solution.

2 Likes

I suppose this is step in the right direction, but we really need to wean people off of meat and dairy entirely if we want to seriously address climate change. Just shifting the burden from corporate animal ag to local animal ag isn’t going to make much difference in the grand scheme of things. I used to work on what would be considered a small hog farm, so I can tell you from personal experience that small animal ag farms do just as much harm to the environment as large corporate ones do.

Does this article’s picture include a pig with three nostrils instead of the usual two?

Thank you for making the point. Industrial animal-ag originated with the “small” “animal-friendly” “family/traditional” farm of old. As the human population increases, so does the demand for meat, dairy and eggs–pushing the “small” farmers to expand their living, sentient “stock” and to apply more harsh methods of “production” on their “stock.”