Home | About | Donate

Pundits Worry Threat of Nuclear War Is Being Reduced

Pundits Worry Threat of Nuclear War Is Being Reduced

Gregory Shupak

Media outlets don’t want America to negotiate with North Korea; they want the US to hold North Korea for ransom.

Excellent piece. The decadent “liberal” eilite would turn the world to cinders with its right wing cold war rhetoric.

Shame on you, Rachel Maddow, for using homophobic slurs to attack Trump and Kim meeting to start a peace process.

You are a freakin’ hypocrite and I’m embarrassed that I ever thought you a credible journalist/commentator.

You disgust me.

What disgusts me more is that so many cultural liberals, including my real life friends, still go to you to get information and you are now influencing them to be war mongers. What will it take for them to realize you are part of the problem, not the solution?

I am convinced the liberal pundits of these days like Rachel and others would rather see the world burn in nuclear hellfire than admit Trump is not a Putin puppet.

And now with those who did live to see the horrors of nuclear weapons being used quickly becoming a dying breed things are starting to look grave indeed. Nuclear weapons are not a game. You can’t rebuild on irradiated lands.

https://stockzoa.com/ticker/cmcsa/

This details which groups own COMCAST which in turn owns MSNBC.

https://stockzoa.com/fund/the-vanguard-groupinc/

The single largest holder of COMCAST shares is Vanguard Capital. This shows other stocks Vanguard owns.

It in the best INTERESTS of these Conglomerates to promote WAR as it means increased profits across the board and a greater return to shareholders. It important to recognize WHY these groups invesed their Capital in something like an MSNBC which one Rachel Maddow works for. It has nothing to do with providing news and informing the public or with criique of US Governmnet Policy. It has to do with how best to increase retruns on investments. If one has a portfolio that includes stocks in Boeing and one also owns shares in COMCAST then one uses Comcast’s ownership of MSNBC to try and boost Boeing Stock by banging the war drum.

The fact is that cross ownership of stock in firms that profit of of War while at the same time owning the Media Companies is prevalent. The single largest owners of these stocks as Individuals are on your list of “the hundred richest men” in the world. THAT is the root of everything that is wrong.

The Rachel Maddows of the worlds are OWNED plain and simple and will report whatever garners the largest return for the owner class.

But, we’re not all dead, yet!
I Have Seen the Dragon

I have seen the Dragon
Through clenched lids and arms pressed tight.
I have felt its hot breath on my back
And listened to the rumble of its voice.

I have looked upon its breath,
Glowing Amethyst, red and purple,
Climbing towards the stratosphere
To deposit its venom downwind.

I have waited in fear as my gums began to bleed
And my hair came out in clumps.
I breathed a prayer of thanks
As I began to heal.

After fifty years, our ranks are thin,
We who have seen the Dragon and survived.
Those who have died or are sickened still,
Their numbers are legion.

All we can hope for, work for, pray for,
Is that no madman will ever be allowed
To unleash the Dragon again.
For its legacy to all is death, disease and decay.

© Stephen M. Osborn
2 November 2006

*After sixty-two years, the woods are even thinner, but we never give up trying, for those who so blithely make nuclear and thermonuclear threats seem to have no concept of what such a war entails. They seem to think it is just a bigger firecracker. Believe me, it is not. What we did to the Marshal Islands and the native population could be called slow genocide. The same goes for decades of testing in Nevada. The number of human guinea pigs lost in those tests is appalling. Not to mention those downwind of the tests, farmers, stock men, and just people living in many small towns and villages in Nevada and Utah.
*This reminds me of a report I read of a meeting held by the owners of the larger oil companies. A scientist was brought in, who gave this board a carefully developed program which demonstrated clearly that continued use of oil and coal would lead to the death of all life on earth.
*When he finished, they thanked him and he packed up his dog and pony show and departed. The table sat for a few moments in silence, then one member said, “OK, the world is coming to an end. How can we profit from that?”
*And that, sadly enough, is why we are in so much trouble. $$$$$. No moral code at all. $$$$$.
;-})