Home | About | Donate

Putin Derangement Syndrome Arrives

Putin Derangement Syndrome Arrives

Matt Taibbi

So Michael Flynn, who was Donald Trump's national security adviser before he got busted talking out of school to Russia's ambassador, has reportedly offered to testify in exchange for immunity.

Trump has stuffed his Cabinet with tyrants, zealots and imbeciles – all bent on demolishing our government from within

It's amazing how rapidly and completely the substance of what was leaked in the Podesta emails was erased by the hysterical theorizing of how that information was leaked.

Never mind the Democratic party rigged their own primaries to undermine the candidate who people actually liked. WHAT IF RUSSIANS INTERFERED WITH THE ELECTION?! WHAT IF!!??

A foreign government maybe trying to influence an election? UNPRECEDETED.

What is truly dangerous is if Trump is working on behalf of Russian interests and the US interests. There is plenty there to keep searching for the answer. Given all his business comments that he will not reveal, his positive statements about Putin that have no connection to reality, a credible foreign agent with some information suggesting that Trump might be being blackmailed by Putin, and Russia's hacking of e-mails everybody on the left to the right of Tiabbi wants to get to the truth. It's called wanting transparency and getting the facts on the table. Nothing wrong with that.

Sanders came in third in total primary votes, after second place Trump. By millions. What is this "liked" business? Did you want to have a beer with Dubya as well? The rigging mythology will die hard with some people. Like the myth of anti establishment Trump.

As I said there will be no end to this lie that the DNC rigged the primary until the next presidential election. This big lie technique has been taken right out of the right-wing playbook. It does seem to work. Such say the lie enough and people will eventually believe it. This big lie concerning why Sanders lost the primary is working unfortunately. I believe most of the people who are repeating it actually believe it.

So?

Taibbi himself was buying the free from evidence assertions about "Russian hacking".

Sanders likely won the primary.

Reality: Debbie Wasserman-Schultz resigns because she most certainly put her thumb on the scales for Clinton in the primaries.

Reality: Her replacement, Donna Brazile, is fired from her position at CNN because she tipped Clinton off with a question to be asked at an upcoming debate. Asked about what she would do differently, rather than say, 'refrain from cheating,' she instead mentions better internet security.

Reality: Brad Marshall, DNC Financial Chief says in an email, “It might [make] no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief...Does he believe in a God? He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.”

I don't think Bernie was cheated out of the nomination, but I know for a fact that the supposedly neutral DNC favored Hilary Clinton. I know for a fact that Hilary has never risen after initial polling in any of the campaigns she's run--she's only dropped. I know for a fact that she was the second most disliked person to ever run for President in the era of reliable polling. I know for a fact that she lost to a reality TV star.

I will believe until proven wrong, that the Democrats are clinging to the Putin/Russia/hacking malarkey to explain away the 2016 results. If they don't, big donors are less likely to pony up in support of total incompetence and ineffectuality.

Mythologies grounded in real evidence-of which there is plenty showing how the primaries were indeed rigged- will die hard.

Not even likely. In many instances the caucus system favored his campaign. For example, Washington state delegate selection caucuses went heavily for Sanders with small minority of voters participating. When the later statewide election was held, with hundreds of thousands voting, Clinton easily got the most votes, but no more delegates. And please, as a California voter familiar with the process, there are no mass of uncounted Bernie ballots.

In the primaries Sanders campaign ended up with about 13,000,000 votes, a great performance. Clinton got about 66 million votes in the general. Yes, I'll say it again, she ran a bad campaign. Every bit as bad as the 2014 democratic house and senate races. But Sanders couldn't have promised to bring back coal, or build the wall, or "bomb the shit out them". At least I can't believe he would have.

No such evidence. Just constant references to "evidence".

According to every thing I have read, Brazile did not speak to Clinton at all about the debates. What she did do was suggest to someone in the campaign that, in Flint Michigan, a question would be asked about lead in drinking water!
Astounding!

For gods sake, it's a political party. Of course most party regulars were supporters of Clinton. The more the Bernie Bros went crazy the firmer that support became. Bernie was far more sabotaged by those guys than anything DWS could do. Those were the guys who refused to follow Bernie into fighting Trump.

Valid point, bevin, ignore the DNC damage control.

You're correct, Jay, ignore the DNC damage control.

Russia to Judgment Day

It's all about the almighty dollar, plain and simple. If these witch hunts cease there'll be less incentive to fund losing campaigns. The email scandal was from the same playbook to use the most recent example. Reagan was a washed up B- actor that got installed to be the showman so the bar was already lowered way before ol' Trump buddy had any political ambition.

"Likely" is doing the heavy lifting there I see.

Don't we all expect the following to be true:
"He will explain that Donald Trump, compromised by ancient deals with Russian mobsters, and perhaps even blackmailed by an unspeakable KGB sex tape, made a secret deal. He'll say Trump agreed to downplay the obvious benefits of an armed proxy war in Ukraine with nuclear-armed Russia in exchange for Vladimir Putin's help in stealing the emails of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and John Podesta."

People who do evil and unethical things have no base of what is right. Trump probably thinks Hillary did all these bad things because he knows he would have if he were in that position.

Come on, Matt. You of all people should know how toxic the Russian mob is to humanity. If there's just a hint that those assholes are holding anything over our current Dictator they need to be rooted out and any members of the administration who are connected. Don't blame the electorate for the hysteria. Trump stinks like last week's borscht. Stay on target.

This is just baloney. Clinton ran a bad campaign and still almost won. They are clinging to the Putin/Russian hacking because it is true as virtually everyone knows.If Trump didn't have anything to do with this he would be declaring that we ought to get to the bottom of this to protect our elections. He isn't because he knows there was at least some collusion. If someone asked him about the email dumps he certainly didn't say the hacking shouldn't have occurred. In a simple conversation with anyone including Putin - if asked what he thought about the medling don't you think hr would have said I hope the hacking continues. If he didn't surely someone else did. And that seems like collusion to me.