Home | About | Donate

Questioned About Role in Blue Cross Layoffs, Buttigieg Deflects With 'Incredibly Dishonest' Attack on Medicare for All

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/11/questioned-about-role-blue-cross-layoffs-buttigieg-deflects-incredibly-dishonest

1 Like

I wonder which foot got hit with the bullet he just shot. Never liked him, like him even less now.

13 Likes

As president he will receive the best free health care in America , so fk everybody else , eh Pete?

11 Likes

It is now time for Warren, Tulsi and yang to drop out and throw their support behind Sainders. At this point they are only helping Pete and Joe By splitting the progressive vote.

14 Likes

Well his balloon popped pretty quickly. One-by-one, faux progressive boats (Buttigieg, Warren, Harris) have risen and fallen as the skeptical eye of the public focused on what was behind the curtain. Let us thank alternative/social media and not MSM for outing people like Buttigieg. It is the power of social media that is bringing the long democratic con-game to a fitting end.

Come January, it will be a race between Biden vs Sanders, retirees vs millennials, neocon vs dove, neoliberal sellouts vs progressives. Dig deep everyone, time to push Bernie across the finish line.

18 Likes

If you want to walk on water, Pete, you will have to throw the money changers out of the temple.

15 Likes

Keeping the private health insurance industry because of jobs is kind of the same as keeping the war on drugs for the same reason. Just think losing all of those great jobs like cops, prison guards, lawyers just to salvage the lives of all those hippie druggies now filling up our prisons for having the audacity to ingest a disapproved substance into their own body!

11 Likes

He’s a corporate turd and most see through his garbage. The fact that he gets attention at all only indicates how desperate the DNC is.

8 Likes

“Now, what I do know is there are some voices in the Democratic primary right now who are calling for a policy that would eliminate the job of every single American working at every single insurance company in the country.”
–Pete Buttigieg

Because they add no value to the country, you duplicitous dumbass.

11 Likes

I often wondered what would happen to all the people currently employed by insurance companies. So our progressive leaders must now articulate a sound defense to convince many who are questioning the same.

2 Likes

I find it amusing that Buttigieg is being “held accountable” for a downsizing that may or may not have come out of his first project at McKinsey.

As anyone familiar with a consulting firm would know, someone on their “first project” out of grad school has no impact on recommendations - they are nothing more than a glorified spreadsheet jockey and recording secretary carrying the bag of the Director or Partner who is making the actual recommendations…

2 Likes

Yes exactly great logic. Lines such as Those should be repeated thousands of times to strengthen the argument for single payer system.

Oh sure, it’s like walking into a brothel paying the madam but not actually having sex.

6 Likes

I remember when an incredibly irresponsible Congress eliminated the jobs of all the slave overseers in the country. The human carnage was cataclysmic.

9 Likes

Speaking of feet: I Am A Capitalist To The Bones Warren has carefully kept one foot in the warm water of wall street private insurance…just in case she gets the nod. She will flee from MC4ALL faster than the Chicago Con Man fled from Public Option.

8 Likes

Mayor Peat sez:
“… there are some voices in the Democratic primary right now who are calling for a policy that would eliminate the job of every single American working at every single insurance company in the country.”

Neoliberal to English translation:
“There are some voices in the Democratic primary right now who are calling for a policy that would eliminate the profiteering of every single private insurance company in the country.”

p.s.: The frontline grunts whose primary function is to rubber-stamp “denied” on health-care claims can be retrained easily enough in the new system to rubber-stamp “approved” instead.

7 Likes

Once a republican…

5 Likes

Except Mayo Pete walked in out of Harvard and Oxford. I guarantee his spreadsheets told McKinsey what they wanted to hear – this organization needs “rightsizing.”

So let’s rightsize American access to healthcare and cut out the middleman. While covering everyone.

But Mayo Pete can’t bite the corporate hands that feed him. Because he’s a cardboard cut-out who never met an opportunity he couldn’t milk.

7 Likes

And giving 30 million people access to healthcare might create a job or two. Who knows?

9 Likes

Yeah, why hold him accountable for the horrible work that firm did, and why hold him accountable for projects he worked on? How unfair. Yes, I worked at a death camp for a bit, and yes, I worked on particular extermination campaigns, but I was only doing data entry! Something like that?

8 Likes