Home | About | Donate

Racism Has A Name

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2019/08/05/racism-has-name

4 Likes

I wrote the jerk in the White House and told him to leave El Pasoans alone, not to go there and spew any of his crap. I told him that for once, wethepeople WANT him to go to one of his resorts. I hope whoever reads our stuff is keeping a count. Maybe if enough of us write or call in, he won’t go. God knows he doesn’t really want to any more than we want him to go. Pig. Feh!

2 Likes

Silence is violence - the cornerstone of racism.

4 Likes

sigh-----people are angry about a lot of issues----- and rightfully so—but I thought that after 2 congress people ( 1 Dem and 1 Goper were sho)t, I thought surely that could make Congress come together for a few sane moments—and with enough sane moments to pass rational gun laws.

Well, now I suppose , if the NRA people get gunned down at the next convention—maybe that would stir some action—but probably more lawsuits than gun laws. : (

I also wrote Prez POS to say “DON’T Go to EL PASO!!! Instead, PAY the $470,000 you OWE that city from your FEB.2019 Anti-Immigration–Re-election Rally”. For once, it would be better if Trump went golfing. I hope people PROTEST him

3 Likes

gloriana, i know you didn’t mean to include these people, but i’ll say it visibly anyway: the white nationalists have no rightful anger. none. they’ve been brainwashed and refuse to seek any kind of truth, much less compassion or comprehension of the forces that be. and dump defunded the organization helping those deplorables to see truth and how they’ve been misled and egged on.

until the dark money sources are attacked, whatever that looks like, the gun lobby will continue to be a major force. i hope antonin scalia is f’n rotting painfully in his grave and if there is a soul, he’s searing in Hell–for misinterpreting the second amendment and opening worse than pandora’s box.

1 Like

thanks, lydia. i hope more people follow our lead…lol, like we’re the leaders… you know what i mean. beto, to his credit, sent out a good letter today and a video of a speech in el paso. it was pretty good. veronica escobar , house rep from the area of the walmart shooting, is refusing to meet with dump. the mayor, a repug, has very little spine and will receive dump.

i hope the pos dump changes his mind like he does on other things.

no one from el paso has told me about any protest plans, nor can i find any news about it, but there probably will be some. dump’s going in endangers even more people. if there is any violence, i hope it hits him, first and only.

i am more than shocked that anyone could swallow dump’s teleprompter speech and think he, of all people, meant any of it. i hate the media for their vacuous coverage of it, especially since they share responsibility for all this…the publicity they give this toxic, sick, sick, sick psychopath and his sociopathic cabal. feh!

3 Likes
2 Likes

I look at “power” and see the invisible edifice, the invisible verbal net, the projection of the edifice belief of narcissistic impunity. Every time DJ Drumph opens his mouth is a lesson in pathology of schizophrenic ‘projection’. His words: “mentally ill monsters”.

4 Likes

There’s no reason you should have heard this, but weapons are banned on the floor of the NRA convention. I wonder what they know that they’re not telling us?

Hi ToniWintroub:

Well he did apparently die in bed at the hunting camp—so he died without being able to murder anything. Although, a dead heart seems an appropriate way for a heartless man tp die.

I don’t remember if he died before he could kill any animal, on that trip at that time. He was an avid hunter, a disgusting avid hunter. The women Justices who adored him or respected him make me nauseous…in spite of whatever good they’ve done elsewhere.

1 Like

Hi ToniWintroub:
I looked up his death and supposedly he walked round that day and it didn’t say if he killed anything that first day. Then he went to bed early and was late for breakfast and so the owner of the place went to his room . He said there was a pillow near his face, but he looked peaceful—but dead.
Weirdly a justice in Texas can declare the person dead without seeing the body. Strange. But that was done in his case.
He also seemed to belong to a group that had something to do with a 16th century European hunting group from long ago but which was redeveloped in the 1960s at the Bohemian Club in San Francisco. He could hunt birds at this ranch and bison, and mountain lions ------which are sadly an endangered species, so I immediately hated Scalia for that and I hoped he never shot one.
His family didn’t want an autopsy, per this article from Feb. 24th 2016 ,and the
Washington Post. No autopsy was done and he had no marshals guarding him at the time either per his request. Like Marley, he was dead," deader than a doornail" And there the story ends badly, as Obama did not fight to put in his own person as was his right. Oh well , I suppose more rulings will end badly too---- for the once upon a time democratic republic. : (

Thanks for the info.
It’s my understanding that we have him to thank for the relatively new interpretation of the Second Amendment. I guess he was bought by the gun industry a long time ago. Asshat.

1 Like