Home | About | Donate

Racism Keeps Rearing Its Ugly Head

Racism Keeps Rearing Its Ugly Head

Sonali Kolhatkar

TV star Roseanne Barr’s racist tweet about Valerie Jarrett and ABC’s subsequent cancellation of her eponymous show constitute just the latest and most high-profile episode highlighting the ways in which people of color are routinely dehumanized. Barr insulted Jarrett, an African-American woman, by using both an anti-black comparison to apes and an Islamophobic accusation of membership in the Muslim Brotherhood. To their credit, ABC executives canceled “Roseanne” within hours.

Racism is the result of being born without a heart.

This is a good article if you want to understand America’s current rigged political economy. The country was founded on property rights being more cherished than human rights. And, the original writing of our founding documents made this distinction and perversion even worse than it had to be, when put into a radical, religious
context based on wealthy white people’s embrace of the doctrine of predestination. This phony bullshit concept established the hierarchy of worth we are now cursed with. There is no explaining away this religious fairy tale. No real human would make this crazy and overtly racist and bigoted declaration today.
But, because religious predestination worked so well for justifying the exploitation of 90% of humanity and the natural world by the 1%ers ( of their time ),they used any means necessary to achieve their goals. Unfortunately for most of us, they succeeded and won the argument. So it goes…

It seems to me that we probably evolved to be tribal which increased the chances of survival. If that is part of our biology then clearly we have to overcome it to live peacefully in a civilized society with modern values based on the enlightenment and other influences. Otherwise we just degenerate back into tribalism which is what is happening to the Republican Party and its white nationalist supporters. That can only result in conflict and in the US would result in certain disaster on a mass scale.

Racism is one of the elites most favorite tools for dividing the people and diverting their attention away from their crimes.and machinations.

Sorry PonyBoy, I have to disagree. I believe were all born the same, and in my experience, racism is a taught skill. It’s a great to watch someone un-learn this sickness.

You’ve got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You’ve got to be taught
From year to year,
It’s got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You’ve got to be carefully taught.
You’ve got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff’rent shade,
You’ve got to be carefully taught.
You’ve got to be taught before it’s too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You’ve got to be carefully taught!

From “South Pacific” (Rodgers and Hammerstein)