Home | About | Donate

'Racist' and 'Patently Unlawful': Trump Unveils New Rule to Block Asylum-Seekers at Southern Border

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/15/racist-and-patently-unlawful-trump-unveils-new-rule-block-asylum-seekers-southern

Obviously DJT is not being proactive in the “new ideas” department. Where is the brain storming.
Are they saving it for war plans and tax cuts, instead of humanitarian policies?
But then, why be human toward asylum seekers when are own citizens are an afterthought?

1 Like

One has to wonder how much worse will have to get before Trump is impeached by the cowards in congress? Congress is setting a horrible example because no future President will ever be impeached…because no future President could ever be worse!

2 Likes

remember we said that not that many years ago. Someone said, “hold my beer”. It can always get worse. Always. sorry for the lack of my little smiley face here. Emojis never working now. Just so you know, was only teasing ya.

1 Like

The past is prologue

4 Likes

The individual States currently allow immigration from one State to another for any reason including people fleeing violence or seeking a better economic future with no questions asked.

One day however, under the kind of thinking Trump promotes, Tennessee might not allow residents of Kentucky to migrate into their state without a “visa”. Or Idaho seals off its borders to “refugees” from Nevada.

Just because someone was unlucky to be born into Honduras instead of Minnesota doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to flee violence or poverty.

7 Likes

From the following article:
‘The NYT (in 1939) consistently placed major stories about the Nazi treatment of European Jews on the back pages “by the soap and shoe polish ads”.’
It smacks of collusion…

4 Likes

Why is nothing like this happening on the other border? Don’t think i have heard of Trump or his followers mention it even once.
There is an entire country over there filled with wierd sounding foreigners just waiting to take our jobs, so what arbitrary criteria do they fulfill that does not apply to the southern border?

3 Likes

This flurry of boarder terrorism is a deflection of his loss of census citizenship question and the relationship with convicted child molester Epstein. Anything that is, to deny losing pretty much everytime - except the 2016 election which come to think of it, he also lost.

If Trump wins on this issue, would it mean that there are racists on the left, or that such leftists are against immigration for environmental reasons?

Or any other border! There is an estimated 500,000 white undocumented people from many other foreign countries living in the US, but it would not have anything to do with them being white…would it?

2 Likes

Trump money laundered for Putin taking all he could grab out of Russia into Putin’s or his mafia’s name often into Trump’s properties. Fascism or Dictatorship is doing well in Hungary, Poland and other nations strongly supported by Putin. Trump is part of that. The camps and white supremacy is to keep Trump’s base happy. Trump could care less as long as his power grows with his bank account. The GOP has been fixing elections for decades. Trump will “win” in 2020 IF we make it that far. Either bow to Trump or lose ones head as the GOP understands. Trump has the Department of Justice, Supreme Court and massive courts McConnell packed. McConnell also a Dictator bows to Trump. McConnell’s wife close to China top levels. Camps and prisons make lots of money and control the masses.

I think it has more to do with the 12,000,000 undocumented here and the thousands every month.

If the U.S. had for decades overthrown Canada’s democratically elected governments, filled it with drugs, launched murderous terrorist insurgencies against it, driven it into poverty by ruining its economy, paid off corrupt thugs to run it, and set up death squads like in Central America then there would be millions on the U.S. border clamoring for asylum, “that I can tell you.”

2 Likes

Which again begs the question, why haven’t America done that? What makes Central America so different?

Because Central Americans have this nasty habit of trying to break free from the empire’s clutches. Canada doesn’t.

3 Likes

Canadians must be cracking up! Hell I wonder when they are going to erect a wall to keep us out.

1 Like

I used to work with a French Canadian who was here as an undocumented and did so for many years. She never doubted that the reason no one ever questioned her was that she was white. She married a US citizen eventually.

1 Like

Obviously, but there is also no comparison between what America has tried to impose on Canada versus Central America.

Well, given how attractive those cold mountains far removed from the oceans are about to become…

2 Likes