Home | About | Donate

#RacistPresident Trends as Pressley, AOC, Tlaib, and Omar Hit Back at Trump's Bigoted Attack

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/15/racistpresident-trends-pressley-aoc-tlaib-and-omar-hit-back-trumps-bigoted-attack

1 Like

An interesting “opinion”:

3 Likes

Jordan Peterson should ask himself who is playing identity politics this time.

1 Like

Trump said the freshman Democrats should “go back” to the countries "from which they came."

I would respond: You first. Go back to your Scots homeland. Did any of the First Nations invite you and your racist Scots-Irish ancestors? I think not!

The Squad has and will be essential to countering this “whitelash” because that is what it is regardless of any sentiments of an Obama Presidency.

8 Likes

America is neither free nor brave, but a land of tight, iron-clanking little wills, everybody trying to put it over everybody else, and a land of men absolutely devoid of the real courage of trust, trust in life’s sacred spontaneity. They can’t trust life until they can control it.
D. H. Lawrence

“Men are free when they are obeying some deep, inward voice of religious belief. Obeying from within. Men are free when they belong to a living, organic, believing community, active in fulfilling some unfulfilled, perhaps unrealized purpose. Not when they are escaping to some wild west. The most unfree souls go west, and shout of freedom.”
D.H. Lawrence

9 Likes

Every Trump supporter is a racist POS. Every. Single. One.

9 Likes

Did The Squad get their responses to Trump approved by Nancy “Blue Dog Protection Service” Pelosi before they fired them off? After all, Trump and Nancy have a bi-partisan agenda to enact, right?

7 Likes

Trump DOES speak for a LOT of white Americans…not exclusively on this topic, either.

Those white Americans that Trump speaks for would oppose climate action, simply because climate action would (in the short term, mind you) primarily benefit people of color from 3rd world countries.

In other words, the ideology of white nationalism MUST be eradicated, for the good of the PLANET, as well as for the good of humanity.

As much as i hate to say it, i doubt that white nationalists will disavow their ideology, at least not within the next 5-10 years (which is the window of time that we have left to aggressively attempt to reach Zero Carbon Emissions + begin Extraction of Carbon).

So, if their ideology MUST go (for the good of all living things) and they stubbornly cling to their ideology, then…[shrug]… people try to tell me that im “inciting violence,” when all i’m doing is pointing out the facts - THEY’RE the ones who are inferring from those facts that violence is the only solution to the scourge of white nationalism.

And, for once, they’re right: ONLY violence will rid the world of the dangers of white nationalism (within the next 5-10 years)(again the next 5-10 years is our last chance to preserve some semblance of life as we know it on Earth), just like ONLY violence could rid the world of the dangers of Nazism. Violence can be used for good. It’s time.

“The Squad” has earned my love and respect. “The Orange Menace”, not so much…

8 Likes

lol

“viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful nation on earth, how our government is to be run”

Uh, dummy, that’s, like, what their job description is. When is this disgusting pig going to go away.

4 Likes

The problem is that DT has an audience. That says something for the “freedoms” that we parrot around the world. Appeals to racism have always been part and parcel of any authoritarian government. And, that’s what we have had for decades.
Acknowledging this DT attitude just shows us how fearful leadership of both parties is of those who are resisting our fascist tendencies.

2 Likes

Interesting piece on the Daily Kos re the Squad.

They must have the orange one intimidated if he’s running off at the mouth about them. Poor baby.

1 Like

What our country’s leadership has come to is mind boggling. Any of our past presidents, or politicians for that matter, would have their careers ended for far- Far-FAr- FAR less than the words and actions sprouting out of this president. Our country’s downward spiral needs to be reversed and reversed now.

2 Likes

There’s a difference between a racist politician and a lifelong racist who is now in the dementia ward. The latter has no filter. He doesn’t even know which end of the dog whistle to put in his mouth anymore.

One of my students picked up a new job as a CNA in a dementia ward, and a resident called her a “colored girl”. Was that offensive? Absolutely! But in the end there wasn’t anythingfor my student to do but feel just a bit of sympathy for somebody that doubly damaged and also in her last years.

Mr. Trump, on the other hand, is sitting in the Oval Office and can still do a tremendous amount of damage.

4 Likes

and must be held accountable

1 Like

Hasn’t anybody noticed the irony in DT’s rabid negative description of the countries “they came from”, being the “greatest” country itself (USofA).

3 Likes

Despite what naysayers whine about petitions being useless - just remember, if they were you wouldn’t hear a peep about it. Use them or lose them - besides it is to publicly place your name in support of a concern.
Tell Amazon: Stop powering ICE’s deportation machine

1 Like

could we add the adjective “delusional” to ‘ideology of white nationalism’?

In my experience violence only begets violence. Whereas, jujitsu and other martial arts models of utilization of the opponentś impetus is also absolutely necessary to lay to rest the fallacies of the arguments. Without the latter its simply an oligarchś reset wet dream.

2 Likes

Most powerful country in the world. Last I read Russia, China, and North Korea all have nuclear missiles pointed at America. Rock on Ladies! To the abyss with Trump and vampiristic Pence boy!

You’re keeping in mind, no doubt, that jujitsu and any other truly defensive training and strategy (e.g. a platoon deployment, perhaps) cannot be described as “non-violent” without doing violence to the meaning of the word. In order to abstain from aggression and domination we’ll need serious preparations to defend ourselves from those who would force us back into the pecking order.