Home | About | Donate

Rainbow Resistance

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2019/06/10/rainbow-resistance

Hmmmm: I don’t know if the Jesus person ever really existed, but the teaching ideas were good ones, most of them. But if Jesus was a rabbi, or at least knew more than the rabbis, according to the stories —shouldn’t Jesus have gotten married? I always wondered about that missing piece of the story. Of course, then I have to wonder, was Jesus a hemaphrodite----or hey—could he have been gay?
I guess some would think this a wrong impression----but having read about many ancient world societies and read that the St. Paul guy did say it was better to marry than to burn—and finding that the early church treated women equally—and that there were very many groups with differing beliefs-------- who knows, and does it really matter—? Since procreation was the highlight and necessity of early societies. and marriage was the norm---- I always wondered about that. Of course there is the whole Mary thing with, why one just female apostle?
Just ruminating, and I am sorry if I have offended anyone---- but I have always thought that WHY was the most beautiful word in the universe. : )

While in agreement with Pride, think that it does itself a disservice by continuing to display the silly drag queen contingents.